The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a 2A22 quartz diver awhile back in non running condition from the bay. Since it had sentimental value for the owner I offered to see if I could get it running for her and if so, ship it back, if not keep it for parts. The story behind the watch was her Dad bought it for her when she was young. It had stopped running and was taken to a repair shop where it sat for about a year and was returned in the same condition.
Could it just need a battery? Surely not after being taken to a repair shop but that was the first place to start. I removed the case back to see if there were any obvious problems. The battery and strap were in place. I removed the battery and installed a new one, reinstalled the case back, and checked to see if it would run. No luck so I gave it a tap on the bench and it sprang back to life in the "Twilight Zone" it was running backwards..... I checked to see if the battery was installed correctly by comparing it to another 2A22 I have and it was installed correctly. Anybody ever run into a situation like this? What needs to be done to get it to run correctly?
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
No experience with this particular caliber, but that sounds like a stator that is misaligned or damaged, causing the magnetic rotor to rotate the wrong way. It is uncommon but can happen. Is it keeping time backwards, and running continuously? You might need a mirror to check that I suppose... :)

You'd most likely need replacement parts to get it running properly, most stators (if that is it) are not adjustable.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The watch runs backwards for 5 or 10 minutes, keeping time in reverse, and stops until you tap it again. Any Ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts