The Watch Site banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Very nice to meet some of the people that I’ve conversed with on these pages and to put some faces to the names.

The crew brought some nice stuff including a couple of really good looking Bullheads and some super divers. And this 6139-7060 watch head that I was very happy to buy, and for which I already happened to have a bracelet at home waiting……

With a new crystal and sweep hand I think it’ll look just fine…

·
Ultimate Collector
3,328 Posts
Well, after all the waiting due to government restrictions, this was a very disappointing watch fair. Two halls were full of tables with dealers and collectors offering watches for sale. Some are local people and some travel a good distance. For me the watch fair was a 3 hours drive from my home. I have to say, I wonder why I bothered. John, Andy and I took a very good selection of reasonably priced Seiko's for sale, and expected some fairly brisk trade. But the reality was people were mainly looking for something cheap, very cheap. I didn't sell any of the nice Seiko's I had on display, not one! I didn't even have many discussions about them. I went away having sold a couple of cheapies for £100 each. I don't think John and Andy did any better either. Was it worth it? Nope not really. Will I be there next time? Probably, but if the next one in September is no better then I will have to reconsider in the future. :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Although I arrived a little late in the day, it was great to put names to faces and meet the guys in person. Some beautiful watches avaliable at extremely fair prices. Shame the gents didn't have more sales on this occasion but I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

·
Registered
28,842 Posts
Well, after all the waiting due to government restrictions, this was a very disappointing watch fair. Two halls were full of tables with dealers and collectors offering watches for sale. Some are local people and some travel a good distance. For me the watch fair was a 3 hours drive from my home. I have to say, I wonder why I bothered. John, Andy and I took a very good selection of reasonably priced Seiko's for sale, and expected some fairly brisk trade. But the reality was people were mainly looking for something cheap, very cheap. I didn't sell any of the nice Seiko's I had on display, not one! I didn't even have many discussions about them. I went away having sold a couple of cheapies for £100 each. I don't think John and Andy did any better either. Was it worth it? Nope not really. Will I be there next time? Probably, but if the next one in September is no better then I will have to reconsider in the future. :(
On the other hand Jim...Had you bought anything that was worth the trip ?

·
Administrator
33,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Don't be coy Jim because you actually ended up with a GREAT 6105 !! (Doc's).

Not really. Pickings were slim for Seiko's (except on our table of course).

• Wow
Reactions: DAHASCO

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
Well, I had a great day at the fair, my girlfriend picked up a Seiko dress watch for herself and John managed to prize my wallet open with a very nice 7548 for a very good price. Was nice to meet up with you guys again and will certainly we will be at the next fair.
I think the shock of John managing to pry my wallet open caused the stroke I suffered when I got home.
The consultant spotted the 7548 on my wrist and commented on it.😁.
Fortunately it's only a minor stroke and only my speech has been affected.
I can't say no.😁

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thankfully given all the travel restrictions I was able to make it to the fair. It was a fantastic journey, my first visit to Birmingham had a great time exploring the city on the Saturday.

Sunday morning was the highlight of the weekend, the trip out to the National Motor cycle museum for the fair!

Sadly, wasn't allowed to take more pictures. It was great to see so many watches I've only ever seen pictures of in person. One of which was this really cool Omega Marine Chronometer

After working my way to the second hall, I spotted all the Seikos and knew I found the right table! It was fantastic to meet some of the guys on the forum! A day I will never forget, ever since getting my first Bell-Matic in 2017, this has become a huge part of my life and great to meet some people I look up to when it comes to Seiko. Also came home with two fantastic watches, a 0624-5009 "Lemon Drop" from a father and his son who were fantastic to chat with, and thanks to John, a really cool 1963 Citizen Alarm date to fit in with my Bell-Matics!

Monday was the last day and decided to take a trip out to the Cadburys factory!

Just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone I met at the fair, hope to be able to make it to another one in the future.

·
Administrator
33,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
It was good to see you Keith and thank you for saving me from myself because if you hadent bought the 0624 I would of and I really dident need it, that was a superb buy.

Loved your early Belle (y)

·
Administrator
33,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I took one of my 0624 to the fair hoping to see Andy W the digital (quartz) repair guy as I had buggered it up by opening it up myself and I broke the reflector, gulp, gave it him on Sunday and received it back this morning (Tuesday) all sorted and serviced as well, thanks.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts