The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the last few days I've been buying again. I go browsing, I see something that I think I can't live without and have to have it. I find the money from somewhere (and not to the detriment of other things in life), but my self discipline is suspect!

So my question is, do you have a set budget per month that you allocate for watch stuff, and stick rigidly to it.........or do you just go for it when you spot something and balance the books later?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I stick to saving 3% of my income as my watch fund. That includes tools and servicing. It's worked for me so far and I barely notice the 3% dent in my pay packet.

·
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes John........but 100s of $5 soon add up :grin:

We know what you're like haha

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I will be the first to admit I have no self control when I spot a unusual Seiko on eBay or one selling for a price well under market value. I purposely do not keep track of how much I spend because I would probably kick myself in the rear end for spending that much! I do have a nice saving account but I have to keep reminding myself there are other things that might happen in life when you might need t=some of that money in an emergency. My wife passed many years ago so I don't have anyone to nag me and keep me in line.

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I'm not going to buy anymore Seiko this month. I'm not going to buy anymore Seiko this month. I'm not going to buy anymore Seiko this month. Oh look a Bellmatic all original for only $100 bucks!!!

Michael

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm not going to buy anymore Seiko this month. I'm not going to buy anymore Seiko this month. I'm not going to buy anymore Seiko this month. Oh look a Bellmatic all original for only $100 bucks!!!

Michael
Nope, i think he sniped me...should've did the buy it now...
^^^ are you the guy who sniped that bell-magic from me yesterday? >:-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts