The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The warranty card must accompany the watch if and when it is returned to Seiko for warranty work.

My SLA017 was reworked but not via the AD and they gave me the warranty card back.

Does Seiko retain the warranty card if going through the AD.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Yes when I bought my SLA017 from my AD he said he would keep the warranty card in his files. I was fine with it, more than 2 years have gone by, so it is a moot point in my case anyway at this point.

I assume because I got it at 20% off list he wanted to reduce my ability to flip it.

When I bought my SLA033 from the Seiko Boutique they "forgot" to include the warranty card but I called when I got home and they mailed it out so that might be legitimate. Or not.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The warranty card must accompany the watch if and when it is returned to Seiko for warranty work.

My SLA017 was reworked but not via the AD and they gave me the warranty card back.

Does Seiko retain the warranty card if going through the AD.
Yes.

You lose your Seiko warranty

Yes,

the watch warranty is maintained

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same situation

Yes when I bought my SLA017 from my AD he said he would keep the warranty card in his files. I was fine with it, more than 2 years have gone by, so it is a moot point in my case anyway at this point.

I assume because I got it at 20% off list he wanted to reduce my ability to flip it.

When I bought my SLA033 from the Seiko Boutique they "forgot" to include the warranty card but I called when I got home and they mailed it out so that might be legitimate. Or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts