The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even the smallest purchase requires due diligence. Do not send any money paypal 'friends and family' unless you know the person or they have been a member for a long time and are known to others. A Mark Floor tried to sell me a part, turned out he and Ms Ondonga were frauds. BE CAREFUL with your hard earned money.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My experience has been that after listing WTB posts I get a private message from a user who just subscribed within the last 2-3 hours and a note to email XYZ.com that he/she has the part that I want to buy. I have taken to just checking the user and their tenure and if it's within the same day I just ignore.

Thanks for the heads up, happening all around.

JR

·
Registered
378 Posts
Same here. After my WTB post I got contacted here and on WUS with same scenario: contact my buddy at his email. Then when checking that only one post is there behind member...first post and already he found my desired piece...well isn't that lovely

·
Registered
206 Posts
I certainly hope this doesn't affect the 2.1 million dollars I have coming from Nigeria. Never knew I had an uncle who owned an ambergris mine down there. All they needed was my SS number, Schwab account password, and some other stuff. Now I can finally afford a Seiko.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts