2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  LUW 
#1 ·
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:-[

8)

:p :p :p

Nah, I meant a naked Mudman...

Did I get ya?

I decided to boil the bezel as I was tired of mashing the stiff buttons with my fingers. Seems to have softened the resin a little bit. Not as much as I was expecting, but better.

I did manage to learn that the two screws that hold the bezel on the sides of the case are not the same size. I couldn't figure out why one was sticking out more than the other when I first put them in. It seems one side of the resin case is slightly thicker than the other.

Anyway, here's a nice glamor shot with all his clothes on...

See less See more
Discussion starter · #5 ·
sharkfinDave said:
yeah Im diggin the nakedness of g-shox.
I still like your ex steampunker Thian. ;)
I like the whole boiling of resins to mod/customize the feel/function. very cool.

I'm inching more to a G to see what the hype is all about, and if I'll like it.
Hmm, can't decide.

Dave
Just give one a try. They are a lot of fun, most are relatively inexpensive and if you don't like it, it is easy to sell off.

If you are a flipper Gs are great because they hold their condition so well with wear. I've also noticed the inventory sometimes can completely bottom out, so if you have a model that people want, you can minimize your loss and sometimes even make a few % on resale.

If you live in the US, amazon has good prices and sometimes you can catch a good sale. shopemco is also another good seller by that name on both amazon and ebay.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
LUW said:
John, if the buttons were a 10 in stiffness before you boiled it, how stiff is it now?
The light button and the circle buttons on the right side are the most improved. Maybe 6-7.

The square buttons on the left side are still a little stiff. Maybe 7-8. Its hard to say because I am left handed and the left side buttons are a little awkward for me to press anyway, so that may have soemthing to do with it.

I boiled the strap too and it did get a little softer, but it really wasn't a problem in the first place. The funny thing is when the strap came out of the water it was completely straight when it previously had a nice curve to it. Still flexible, but I guess it lost whatever memory it had.

I think the resin is only one factor. I was surprised to see how small the actual buttons are, so that explains why I often have to get the right angle. Also I think it was the left side which needed the longer screw, so there is a little more air or resin that you have to push through to get to the button.

I should have pointed out that I boiled for 7 minutes. I've seen others go longer I think up to 15 minutes. I cut it short because I didn't want to stress the resin too much and because I had no other experience with this. Maybe longer would have helped more, but I'm ok with where it is at now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.