The Watch Site banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I have this lot in my office/study.

If you want something to keep you awake I recommend a vintage Seiko Transistor pendulum regulator wall clock. I got mine four years ago and it has a case similar to a 30 day wind up clock but is powered by a couple of D cell batteries that power the pendulum by electromagnetic induction by a couple of coils switched by a simple transistor.

Interesting clock in that the pendulum powers the gear train. Once regulated by adjusting the length of the pendulum it is accurate and a pair of batteries last a long time, I have not replaced mine yet. It strikes the hour but can be a bit noisy as the hammer is fired at the rods by an solenoid, usually at 11 or 12 when I am on the phone.

The hippy flowers were on mine when I got it, left them on as they cheer me up.

The 30 day clock is a Rhythm, very similar to a Seiko 30 day clock. I had three Seiko's but sold them, tried to sell the Rhythm too but no one wanted it, sounds nicer though so I kept it.

The carriage clocks are ones I restored and serviced, not wall clocks but can be accurately tuned if they are in good condition.

The Kundo Transistor pendulum clock was restored a few years ago and replaced the battery carrier and some corroded wiring, works on the same principle as the Seiko Transistor pendulum clock.

I also have three torsion clocks that I restored, two Gustav Beckers and a Badische. I had 25 of them at one point. Finally I have a modern battery powered quartz wall clock that has a synchronous movement with a smooth sweep.

I have a few other clocks around the house and in the roof waiting for a rainy day.
Mike - they're stunning.
You've got a great collection.
I remember working on such when I did my apprenticeship particularly.
Nice to see photos of Polly too ;-)

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Mike - they're stunning.
You've got a great collection.
I remember working on such when I did my apprenticeship particularly.
Nice to see photos of Polly too ;-)
Thank's Paul, I like working on clocks, they are easier due to their size and my dodgy eyes cope better but a lot of the stuff I get given to me is completely clapped out. People tend to run clocks until they are so worn out they stop and by then beyond the scope of economical repair.

The cat is my old Benjamin.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts