The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the forum via a link to the old site from a review of a Citizen Nighthawk somewhere on the internet.


Just order the Nighthawk (US) - 1st Citizen for me. Didn't spend a lot of time researching, just found what I liked the looks of and bought. Pretty much wore a few variants of the old Timex Ironman for much of the past 20-25 years. I've also got one or two cheaper Seiko's laying about, but seems like I have a hard time getting around to changing the batteries. When my plastic strap broke on my last Ironman, figured I'd treat myself to an eco-drive watch.


Hopefully this isn't too addicting... I'm a little worried, because it seems you guys take your watches pretty seriously. Hopefully I don't fall into the same trap. :D Oh well, can't wait for the Nighthawk to arrive. Besides good looks, I'm pretty excited about the slide rule (showing my age) too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
Welcome aboard. IMHO you could not have picked a better Citizen to start of with. The Nighthawk is easily one of Citizen's most distinct and beloved designs A great watch line. Enjoy and don't forget to post telling us all about the watch once you get it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,869 Posts
That's a beauty, George!

George said:
Great choice! The nighthawk is an awesome place to start.

Yes, it's an addiction...... did you get a chance to see the Navihawks? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
George said:
Great choice! The nighthawk is an awesome place to start.

Yes, it's an addiction...... did you get a chance to see the Navihawks? ;)

I didn't see that one. Great looking watch! I like the looks of the blue dial. My budget was fairly limited and the Nighthawk stretched it some. However, after wondering around the forum some, I'd say I need to drink a few less mochas so I can add another nice watch or two to my collection.


I did see a Skyhawk when shopping for mine - it was above my budget. How does the Navihawk compare? (If that's a stupid question - remember I'm just now learning - coming from the land of $39 Ironmans).




Thanks for sharing.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,919 Posts
nhoJ said:
Get the 2100 chronograph next. That is one sweet model. I am impressed every time I see it.

One thing leads to another....


That is pretty much how I started my Eco-Drive collection last year and that in turn took me to some higher priced watches.....


The Nighthawk is a fabulous "no frills" Eco-Drive. Superb dial, case and bracelet. Sublime lume, too. I was attempting to sell mine here just a few days ago but quickly realized the error of my ways... Its a keeper!


I also got the Calibre 2100 and several other superb Citizens.


Wit comes to solar-quartz, my money is on Citizen.


Enjoy your new watch
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,919 Posts
AgeOfEmpires said:
I didn't see that one. Great looking watch! I like the looks of the blue dial. My budget was fairly limited and the Nighthawk stretched it some. However, after wondering around the forum some, I'd say I need to drink a few less mochas so I can add another nice watch or two to my collection.


I did see a Skyhawk when shopping for mine - it was above my budget. How does the Navihawk compare? (If that's a stupid question - remember I'm just now learning - coming from the land of $39 Ironmans).



Thanks for sharing.

The Skyhawk AT (And Chrono-Time AT) are some of the most sophisticated Citizen watches currently sold in the US. they both feature radio control sync capability to an atomic clock radio signal. The Navihawk is an older ana-digi Eco-Drive caliber (I believe the C320) but it lacks R/C capability. Believe it or not, for another $100 or so, you could have sprung for the "basic" stainless steel Skyhawk AT JY0000-53E.



The Skyhawk AT has radio control sync to atomic time radio signal. The Navihawk does not have R/C capability. I have owned the Skyhawk AT and I can tell you that no other watch comes close to it in the bang-per-feature department. I sold mine, but got me a Japan market Citizen Attesa ATV53-3020 (It finally arrived in the mail this afternoon) with the U680 movement that is also R/C capable (4 bands, US, Japan, China and Germany), with better power reserve, etc to replace it.


Bottom line: You simply can't go wrong with a Citizen Eco-Drive. some of the most solid, dependable and well made quartz solar watches in the planet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isthmus said:
Welcome aboard. IMHO you could not have picked a better Citizen to start of with. The Nighthawk is easily one of Citizen's most distinct and beloved designs A great watch line. Enjoy and don't forget to post telling us all about the watch once you get it.

Well, the watch has arrived...


WOW. It is the nicest watch that I've ever had.


Not being sure what 43mm would look like (pre-order), I was a little concerned it might be a little big for my tastes. No regrets after seeing it and putting it on. I really like the size and the styling is outstanding. I don't think the pictures I saw pre-purchase really do it justice. Money well spent.


Now I just need to spend a little while learning the slide rule functions....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Congrats! post some pictures and enjoy the watch.

My navihawk is an older version, but it's been my favorite traveling watch for a long time. As others have posted, it was made before eco-drive and radio control were introduced. It can be a tad annoying to reset after a battery change, but the older versions (like mine) can be purchased for a song.

Cheers,
George
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top