The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Non runner and looking a little tired I thought I'd nab this on ebay because of the bracelet and proof/proof. Sellers pictures.

Well after tearing it apart and cleaning it all up its running well but I'm down a hour fly back lever 753617 (broken in half) and the hammer spring 586611 (only half of it there, sort of like you get on a 6139A).

Dial is a little past its sell by date but I can live with it, better than a AM!
Glass is scratched which hides the dials imperfection somewhat!!

Anyway it looks 44 years old still but I kinda like it.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Non runner and looking a little tired I thought I'd nab this on ebay because of the bracelet and proof/proof. Sellers pictures.

Well after tearing it apart and cleaning it all up its running well but I'm down a hour fly back lever 753617 (broken in half) and the hammer spring 586611 (only half of it there, sort of like you get on a 6139A).

Dial is a little past its sell by date but I can live with it, better than a AM!
Glass is scratched which hides the dials imperfection somewhat!!

Anyway it looks 44 years old still but I kinda like it.

I think it looks great! I'd probably never try it on a one-of-a-kind dial, but I'd love to find out if this approach might work!

http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=62064

·
Registered
708 Posts
I wonder how doing the oil application would affect the text? The results are impressive on the paint.
That's what I'd want to know as well. It's so hard to predict; I've scrubbed some dials with baby shampoo and water within an inch of their lives and they look tremendous, while others I've looked at wrong and they flaked right off. I'll reach out to Stewart and ask him what his experience has been.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I've had good results doing that with Johnson's baby oil...
It can restore some depth to the dial very nicely. You need to thoroughly wash it all off and sometimes repeat the whole thing seceral times.

It shouldn't effect the text in any way particular.

It's not a great solution but having said that it really can work on nice on some dials.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've had good results doing that with Johnson's baby oil...
It can restore some depth to the dial very nicely. You need to thoroughly wash it all off and sometimes repeat the whole thing seceral times.

It shouldn't effect the text in any way particular.

It's not a great solution but having said that it really can work on nice on some dials.

Wait, baby oil? And on a dial?? A trick I'm totally oblivious about. What happens to marker lume? Washes off? How is this process done, exactly? Any step by steps any where? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts