The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think there will be any argument when i say this crystal needs replacing !! :))

I received this poor old girl today from Steve (thanks again) needs a fair bit of work as apart from the damage she has water damage, but a nice project :)

Any one know the part # for the "gasket" that is underneath the bezel that the bezel rides on, i think more like a nylon seat than a rubber gasket but i can't find any part # details for it.

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Galpo said:
I have a 8000, no bezel gasket as far as I know, only a friction spring.
I have missed this baby on the sales forum, congrats on a nice catch. O0
Hi thanks, i don't mean the friction spring i mean the "nylon" seat the bezel rides on, thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey John, have you asked Pete K, I'm sure he can help you! ;)

·
Super Moderator
3,016 Posts
Hi Tiger,
That plastic seating for the bezel is not available as a separate part if I remember correctly, based on the casing parts book. You might be able to use a generic "I" crystal gasket of appropriate diameter thinned to the correct height, I've never tried to do so myself, but it is the route I would attempt, had I been lucky enough to snag that one ;-)

·
Registered
187 Posts
So you're the swine that beat me, and every other SCWF member to it ;D

One of the best buys I've seen in a very long time, thats going to look cracking when you finish it.

Is that 3 X 6105's in the collection now ?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hi John, great buy!! Looks like the dial may be quite good..the indicies all look nice and clean..I'd say a relume is needed looking at the hands so the dial would need reluming to match. Not sure on the part # but your contacts will be able to help for sure..Keep us updated on the progress. Clayton

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Congrats on a good buy indeed.

I would leave the crystal as is to preserve this pieces overall originality :) Seriously though I think you scored good, a good clean, new crystal, relume and you will have a more than presentable 6105-800X, that bezel in particular looks to have stood the test of time well. Out of curiosity, what is the movement like?

I am not certain if the internal rotating ring gasket is a seperate part, only that my NOS 6105-8000 bezel doesn't contain it, which would leave me to suspect that it would be. I am just hoping I can re-use my old one..

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Sorry, forgot to ask in my last post.

Is this a proof or resist? And are the seconds markers worn away at the bottom of is the crystals brilliant clarity obscuring them?

·
Registered
187 Posts
TheTigerUK said:
I dident think anyone else would be interested in it !!! ;)

Are you counting Lee ? :)
Yep, you're being stalked from afar ;)

I think I'm going to go into a self imposed exile from the forum for a month and bide my time with a nice long sulk. Missing out on it was one thing, but having to witness the unveiling of the finished job will be far too much to bear................ :'( :'(

Wear it in good health

PS
Can we have a banging head against a wall Icon added to the forum for moments like this.

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is a proof/proof.

The watch has had real bad water damage at some time so the dial is missing some of the script or at best it is very faint, the proof is hard to see and the same with the dial # at 6 but hey i am 100% happy with it and looking forward to wearing it.

The movement as suffered as well but not terminally (i hope).

First one i have stripped were the crystal gasket had hardened to the point that when trying to remove it it shattered.

My hope is that this will become my all original wearer when done and sell of my other, this one i am going to keep as original as possible meaning just a clean but no polishing of the nicks etc, but obviously new gaskets etc i like it :) ;)

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I think as Noah said, that Ring? Plastic, Soft? I bet you could find something to improvise,
But now the Question is Is this part your looking for Necessary??? as I told you One I looked had it in place and one 8000 did not, Do you think that Ring would have any effect on water Resistance??

Itr appears, that the Bezel w/ Gasket would fit over it and be Tightened down ?? but it must have a Purpose to have been there ?? Whada You Thinka???

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seikozen said:
I think as Noah said, that Ring? Plastic, Soft? I bet you could find something to improvise,
But now the Question is Is this part your looking for Necessary??? as I told you One I looked had it in place and one 8000 did not, Do you think that Ring would have any effect on water Resistance??

Itr appears, that the Bezel w/ Gasket would fit over it and be Tightened down ?? but it must have a Purpose to have been there ?? Whada You Thinka???
Hi Russell,
100% percent sure nothing to do with water proof, i think it is just a "face" for the bezel to rotate on, couldent have been to important as they never did it on the divers that followed.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
TheTigerUK said:
I dident think anyone else would be interested in it !!! ;)

GROAN

I was PM'ing as fast as I could, and then saw that the post had been viewed THIRTY SEVEN TIMES. I knew the battle was over before it began. Great catch!

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spencer said:
GROAN

I was PM'ing as fast as I could, and then saw that the post had been viewed THIRTY SEVEN TIMES. I knew the battle was over before it began. Great catch!
Fingers still have blisters from my one finger speed typing !!! :)

Steve amazed me that he let it go at that price (owe you one Steve just shout ;) )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts