The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not about Japanese watches, but attached is a recent article in Bloomberg about the booming vintage market, and a nod to the bay's huge place in it.

“Certainly we’ve seen unbelievable growth in values,” says Eric Wind, owner of Wind Vintage.

"The question that vintage watch businesses are wrestling with as they grow is whether there’s enough space for all of them. EBay Inc. remains the giant for anything that’s resold, watches included."

Attachments

·
Banned
1,394 Posts
I personally think its heading for a big crash/correction like the classic car market.
Guys spending £100K on Sierra Cossys reminds me a little of the Boomers who (got burnt) were spending a small fortune on Stangs and Cameros and the likes, a few years back. Crazy and not sustainable!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I agree things go in cycles, but im sick of waiting , I see watches now (in my opinion) listed at silly prices have numerous repeat listings and don't sell.
But we all know a bit of knowledge goes a long way when you are purchasing, and as life has taught us all fast up = fast down, however the highs are only bench marks for the next wave..........

·
Registered
171 Posts
Agree. It goes in cycles since it follows the economy trend which is not good and most of us do agree ( even if they try to make us believe otherwise... ). Speculators are trying to sell at the highest price right now. Again it all depends when and what price you have bought. New comers might take a hit for sure if they don't know what they are doing. We all have been through this process before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts