The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this beater and as ive come to understand, the hands, crystal and insert have been swapped to new aftermarket...unfortunately! I love the natural patina to the dial lume markers and i was hoping i can age down the hands and day/date wheel to match. Ill likely bleach the insert and fade it to nice lighter shade of dark gray.

The watch was advertised as a 1980-ies watch and i would love to know when more precisely. :) here are some pics:

Im not so knowledgable about seiko, but i have had a couple, now really loving the skx007 and want this dial to get some justice!

I have a elephant leather strap in dark brown and a very nice leather zulu id like to try.

This is what i will be aiming for... :) if someone know of a great person with knowledge to pimp this watch, please advise me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Well hello...i think it might be newer...looks like a nice watch

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
thanks Rob...that was my thought too..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 7s26 was introduced in 96, so we're looking at a 1999 here. (July)

Rob

Wonderful! How do you het that date? By the serial number? Funny, people don't know what they are selling... Lol (and i didn't know what i was buying...)

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
The size of the lume dots on the dial would annoy me as they are not as large as the pukka dial.

I tried all the usual tricks to age new lume on hands, staining with tea, voodoo etc but had best results reluming them with tinted luminous compound using varnish as a binder, or add paint if not dark enough.

Putting the insert into an ultrasonic cleaner with washing powder will fade the insert, I ruined a good insert this way :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
This is what I have tried, just my trying ....... OK ????
You can try this that many people have used to .....
" Restore the head light plastic for car's ".

It is wiped on, then wiped off. Maybe it might restore that Bezel.
My Bezel came out pretty good and I did it couple times real slowly
with a soft cloth.
But since yours is like that maybe it will work for you also.
Note:
Wipe it in a .... Circular motion. Go with the Bezel roundness,
real lightly that's what I did.

NOTE:
Remember it worked for me , but I don't know if you want to try it.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Wonderful! How do you het that date? By the serial number? Funny, people don't know what they are selling... Lol (and i didn't know what i was buying...)

Cheers!
First number is the year ( you have to know the decade in which it was produced in) luckily the 7s26a (which is yours) was followed by a 7s26b and 7s26c, the second # is the month! unless it's a 2 digit month, then it's O,N,D.

Hope that helps.

Rob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First number is the year ( you have to know the decade in which it was produced in) luckily the 7s26a (which is yours) was followed by a 7s26b and 7s26c, the second # is the month! unless it's a 2 digit month, then it's O,N,D.

Hope that helps.

Rob

Interesting! Thanks for the info! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts