The Watch Site banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made a (possibly uninformed...) purchase on the 'Bay a week ago and got a smoking deal on a 6306-8010 Silverwave ... I was originally planning on pulling the movement for a 7002 mod, but I keep going back and looking at it and am intrigued by the look... Maybe throw it on a Tropic strap or a dark brown leather... We'll see.

If nothing else, the 6306 movement is a beast, as far as I've read, and could be used in my original idea for the 7002 mod...

I can't seem to find anything about these Silverwave watches, though. Not much on the forums except for people selling old ones.

They are obviously late 1970s vintage, but I don't know much more about them. Were they supposed to be a Skindiver-style, like the original Silverwaves? Or just a sport watch?

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
well as said before...6306 will not fit into a 7002 case...6306 movts are very nice and i have a 6306 dress watch that i just love....sadly most are used for parts for other watches....i personally like to keep them as a good dress watch....pics would be great too....great find...God Bless,John
all of those i have owned and seen have Kanji wheels...some are 3pm crown and some even come with 4pm crown and black day and date wheels too....i think these are only sold in Japan too....so that might be why info is hard to find too...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So... I had another thread about my 7002-7020 mod, and another member (ivorbiggin) stated that the 6306 would fit, but obviously required a different stem/crown. I ordered a 6309 stem from a dress watch and an aftermarket 7002 crown, and they are the same tap size. Obviously just needs some trimming to fit.

Am I way out of bounds on this? If so, I can probably just keep the Silverwave as is...

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
So... I had another thread about my 7002-7020 mod, and another member (ivorbiggin) stated that the 6306 would fit, but obviously required a different stem/crown. I ordered a 6309 stem from a dress watch and an aftermarket 7002 crown, and they are the same tap size. Obviously just needs some trimming to fit.

Am I way out of bounds on this? If so, I can probably just keep the Silverwave as is...
Well very cool if you can.use the 6306 movts but to me i think the 6306 would be overkill but as long as u are happy that is most important too....look forward too seeing lots of pics too....very cool to see genuine parts used in other ways....i personally love it....

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts