The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone
I am new on the forum but wondered if someone could tell me a little about a Vintage Seiko i have just bought. I have a few Seiko's from the 90's and 00's but nothing older. I had been looking at buying an Automatic Omega Circa 70's for a while but came across this and liked the look so much i just went for it instead. Not knowing anything about the model i just wondered if someone could tell me a bit about it and if it all looks correct. Thanks Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
The model is a 5626-7000. Looks good and original. Made in November 1969.

You should be happy with it. I would be!

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh i loved the look of it and reckoned it was a bit rarer than a basic Omega Constellation Auto. Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is a beautiful King Seiko. Don't see this version as often and it looks to be great condition. Would recommend looking at the 1969 catalogue as a starting point to finding out more.

Congratulations on a good buy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Big fan of the 562x-7000 models, classic “grammar of design” case lines! I am wondering though if the hour and minute hands are not replacements, because they don’t have the black lines running through them to match the markers? Also, is the dial original? I don’t know if it is the photo but the letter spacing / font on “HI-BEAT” looks a bit odd, and horizontal placement of the text in addition to the dial code looks different to others I’ve seen. For example (there’s also a catalogue photo in the listing): https://vintageseiko.nl/store/product/king-seiko-5626-7000-sold

And another:

I’m the first to admit I don’t know all variations by heart, but thought to put this out there since if there are problems you might still be able to contact the seller. And if everything checks out, then you have even more peace of mind. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts