The Watch Site banner

Vintage Orient Diver watch

10K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Neimo 
#1 ·
I think the Orient Diver watches are underrated. They make beautiful watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
Since I find there is a diminishing interest in real old Seikoish - Citizen + Orient watches, I mean mainly 60's, not exceeding 70's world widely & there is an enthusiast here, I want to say more about these Orient divers.
Forget about prices, there are just very few sport watches that I truly consider beautiful. The crown guard - less Rolex & these vintage Orient divers are some of them.
These Orient divers had done something very right to make themselves so beautiful & stand out from the rest
1) size -39-40mm is just the perfect size
2) The hands - you cannot find these Mercedes & broad arrow lumed hands in Seiko whereas Seiko's design is a bit industrial with more rectangular shape
3) The fonts - Orient also manged to get these beautiful artistic fonts vs the more "industrial" type in Seiko. The proportion of the font is also excellent that you don't find it Seiko. Eg: The extra bold font of the Preshman diver (below left) closely resembles to the 1st Rolex GMT bezel font, which is very beautiful, IMO.
4) The simple, sloped, fine teeth bezel is just right for the design - make it elegant for a sport watch
5) The frame-less index lume, the multi-facet cut shiny index, the outer chapter dial ring - the design is just magnificent.
6) The lacquer black dial
7) The large crown
Not withstanding there are also some very beautiful 60's Citizen divers, Orient managed to get a very elegant look that embraces the 50's "Art Deco" style which most vintage divers lack.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

#12 ·
Since I find there is a diminishing interest in real old Seikoish - Citizen + Orient watches, I mean mainly 60's, not exceeding 70's world widely & there is an enthusiast here, I want to say more about these Orient divers.
Forget about prices, there are just very few sport watches that I truly consider beautiful. The crown guard - less Rolex & these vintage Orient divers are some of them.
These Orient divers had done something very right to make themselves so beautiful & stand out from the rest
1) size -39-40mm is just the perfect size
2) The hands - you cannot find these Mercedes & broad arrow lumed hands in Seiko whereas Seiko's design is a bit industrial with more rectangular shape
3) The fonts - Orient also manged to get these beautiful artistic fonts vs the more "industrial" type in Seiko. The proportion of the font is also excellent that you don't find it Seiko. Eg: The extra bold font of the Preshman diver (below left) closely resembles to the 1st Rolex GMT bezel font, which is very beautiful, IMO.
4) The simple, sloped, fine teeth bezel is just right for the design - make it elegant for a sport watch
5) The frame-less index lume, the multi-facet cut shiny index, the outer chapter dial ring - the design is just magnificent.
6) The lacquer black dial
7) The large crown
Not withstanding there are also some very beautiful 60's Citizen divers, Orient managed to get a very elegant look that embraces the 50's "Art Deco" style which most vintage divers lack.
View attachment 448410
Totally agree!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
I mean the interest for these 60's seikoish watches is diminishing as U can count the no.of posts are mostly about new watches - at least for the case in HK. the prices are squeezes up by the minority whom are loaded. I have always wanted one of these Orient diver but have not got enough $ to buy one yet :<
BTW, truly beautiful things always have their market

#15 ·
I mean the interest for these 60's seikoish watches is diminishing as U can count the no.of posts are mostly about new watches - at least for the case in HK. the prices are squeezes up by the minority whom are loaded. I have always wanted one of these Orient diver but have not got enough $ to buy one yet :BTW, truly beautiful things always have their market
Have you tried the re-issue Orient edition?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#21 ·
I had never seen these Orient models before. They are all very beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Serdal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.