Since I find there is a diminishing interest in real old Seikoish - Citizen + Orient watches, I mean mainly 60's, not exceeding 70's world widely & there is an enthusiast here, I want to say more about these Orient divers.
Forget about prices, there are just very few sport watches that I truly consider beautiful. The crown guard - less Rolex & these vintage Orient divers are some of them.
These Orient divers had done something very right to make themselves so beautiful & stand out from the rest
1) size -39-40mm is just the perfect size
2) The hands - you cannot find these Mercedes & broad arrow lumed hands in Seiko whereas Seiko's design is a bit industrial with more rectangular shape
3) The fonts - Orient also manged to get these beautiful artistic fonts vs the more "industrial" type in Seiko. The proportion of the font is also excellent that you don't find it Seiko. Eg: The extra bold font of the Preshman diver (below left) closely resembles to the 1st Rolex GMT bezel font, which is very beautiful, IMO.
4) The simple, sloped, fine teeth bezel is just right for the design - make it elegant for a sport watch
5) The frame-less index lume, the multi-facet cut shiny index, the outer chapter dial ring - the design is just magnificent.
6) The lacquer black dial
7) The large crown
Not withstanding there are also some very beautiful 60's Citizen divers, Orient managed to get a very elegant look that embraces the 50's "Art Deco" style which most vintage divers lack.
I presently own two Orient watches. The first is an Orient Solar Chrono. The watch is 42mm, has a green dial with gold hands, 100m WR, and is hard to fault. My second is a MK1 Mako XL with an orange dial. This is a stunning watch, however technically not very good. The hollow end links are...
Authored by tmt
This is a watch I looked long and hard at before buying.
For me the rather avantgarde look with power reserve and datewindow at 9 o´clock took a lot of getting used to.
When the chance came for buying one I didn´t hesitate though.
I bought it from the original owner LNIB and...
Finnaly i have my orient triton. One problem is that I know the bezel clickspring is the same as on the sumo. Anyone knows which o-ring for the bezel can be used as a replacement? For my seikos i always have these on stock.
Authored by anzac1957
Saw this watch and thought... I wonder what that is like to see in real life.. so you guessed it.. went and bought one..
OK, so this watch looks very much like another famous brand.. and it is.. great homage watch in my opinion.. in fact, if I were to spend the money on...