The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not a watch, just the box but I thought the Orient fans would like to see it. I bought a bunch of antique Seikosha watch hands in the original tins and they were packed in this Orient Star Hinomatic watch box from the mid 1950's.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
What a lovely collectable ! Its so true that the watch collecting community is comprised of many facets and so many variations on what is collectable. This example is proof that vintage boxes are of great interest, as are signs, point of purchace displays, clocks and on and on. And you got it as part of the hands purchace. Heck, the tins are interesting on their own merit. Lovely piece, thank you so much for sharing it Jerry ! That was very thoughtful of you.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a lovely collectable ! Its so true that the watch collecting community is comprised of many facets and so many variations on what is collectable. This example is proof that vintage boxes are of great interest, as are signs, point of purchace displays, clocks and on and on. And you got it as part of the hands purchace. Heck, the tins are interesting on their own merit. Lovely piece, thank you so much for sharing it Jerry ! That was very thoughtful of you.
Thanks, I found it very interesting as well as the old tins full of NOS antique hands. I was hoping to find the hands for a Chronometer and I did get the correct gold hour and minute hands I needed out of it.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
You got the correct hands - this is great Jerry. Happy for/with you that they were included. I do remember that it was not so sure. Box is cool too. Always a good feeling when things do work out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts