The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having one heck of a time finding any info on this watch . Serial # starts with 807 so my best guess is 1988 ? Does anyone know what Base Metal CNG means ? Also the # 6100 is on the back so I am right in assuming that is the movement # . First Post Thanks In advance Indy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
You're right that the movement number is 6100. Not sure when this was produced, since the area I'm most familiar with is the older mechanical movements. I would think that 1988 fits, although it could be 1998.

Here's a link to a tech manual (not dated I'm afraid): http://www.citizenwatch.com/downloads/techguides/6100.pdf

Not seen the case material code 'CNG' before - my best guess is Citizen Nickel Gold (plating).

Stpehen

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Indy5050..welcome to the forum..listen to Sweephand...he is very knowledgeable and great guy..will never steer you wrong...

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Indy5050 glad to have you with us...if you need anything..please ask..we are all here to help you in any way we can...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gentlemen thanks for being so welcoming ! Does anyone know were to find a 88 citizen catalog to see if my watch reigns from this time period ? Indy

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
welcome

:welcome::clap:, Indy , glad you on here and just have a good time.
You will enjoy everything once you start rolling on. Those here are great so just get informed and buy watchs and parts.
Also watch your wallet , it might get low .
Hahahahahaha ..........
Welcome

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
More Details

There seems to be a lot more information on vintage Seiko's over vintage Citizens ? I am posting every detail on my watch in hopes that someone can tell me more about it ? Thanks In advance Indy

Dial = P-Japan-P 6100-G12380-Y

Case Back =
Citizen Watch Co.
Water Resist
Base Metal CNG
6100-603499K
GN-4-S
Japan

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
There seems to be a lot more information on vintage Seiko's over vintage Citizens ?
That's very true Indy. It's also true that there is not much collecting interest in quartz watches, unless they are high end and /or very early examples. It's very difficult to find info on them as a result, and many hundreds of models were made. I can't provide any more info than in my first reply I'm afraid, other than saying that the code 'GN-4-S' relates to the water resistant case type. I do wish Citizen had dated their technical manuals!

Stephen

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweephand , I understand what you are saying and you have actually educated me on a few things I wasn't aware of . I knew it would be long shot but I thought maybe just maybe someone knew something ? I wonder if there are any others out there like me whom have spent a small fortune buying ,selling and trading high end watches only to find themselves messing around and still getting excited about vintage automatic/quartz Seiko/ Citizen Divers ? Best Indy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts