The Watch Site banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a query about Citizen's 1970s 150m divers, and I know a few people here have some and have worked on them. Does anyone know whether the bezel from the 52-0110 will fit the 62-6198? I mean the rotating bezel itself, not the insert.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have often wondered this myself, with no 62-6198 with which to test the theory. Logically, it seems like they are interchangeable because the inserts are the same size and they attach to the case in the same manner. However, as we often find with these watches, it might very well be the most insignificant thing that might preclude it from working. Sorry I can't be of more help!

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the bezel on the earlier watch is thinner. I can't remember the model numbers at the mo, but my earlier watch with the red date wheel has a thinner bezel if you look at the watch side on.
From memory the cases are different as well. The earlier watch has a bezel to hold the crystal in, the later (52-0110) one the crystal just pushes in.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
230 Posts
From the Dayan's Day blog, it mentions that both bezels use a similar locking system on their respective cases but the 52-0110 has a thicker bezel and crystal.

I have inferred that, even if the bezel of the 52 fits the 62-6198, the bezel top will be slightly higher than the crystal on the 62-6198.

Hope that helps.

Best regards!

Ian

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I swapped the bezel from 52-0110 to the 62-6198 perfect fit, they both measure 37mm across.
I also swapped an earlier thiner bezel from a 68-5372 and that also fits, once again 37mm across but 1.2mm thinner.
Regards Paul
Thanks Paul, that's extremely helpful - thanks for taking the time to check,

All the best,
Stephen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.