The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[size=1em]the 8100 chronographs are harder to come by than most of the twin register 8110's. I got this 67-9755 example recently - although it needs a new crystal it is otherwise in pretty decent condition - the marks in the pics are all from the scratched crystal. The black case is not too worn and the dial and hands are sound. I got it for a very reasonable price too, since the seller had described a fault with it - saying that the quickset day mechanism didn't work. However, I noticed that the seller's other items were all non-watch items, so I took a chance that the problem was in fact not knowing how to set the day...and luckily I was right and it works just fine!
For info the day is set by pressing the lower chrono button when the winding crown is pulled out one click, so it's not obvious...

This one was made in 1972:

[img]

[img]

Sweephand

[/font]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nice catch ;) , like the layout of the sub dial. The condition of the black case is good,it would be a very nice watch after a new crystal.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
minidriver said:
How do these compare to the bullhead 8110s?
The 8110 is the two sub-dial version, so other than that difference which makes the 8110 thicker, they are essentially the same movements. Both types were first produced in 1972.

Bullhead is a later nick name for the 8110 - its original official name was the 'Challenge Timer' - I think it was also nick named the Easter Rabbit in Japan.

You can see a bit more info in the movement table I've put together via this link:

http://seikoholics.yuku.com/sreply/1895

Sweephand

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lew said:
;) [size=2em]I have a couple of those for beaters....

There is some seriously yellow yellow on one of those Lew! ;)

What is the model number on the case back of those two?

Sweephand

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I soooo dig these.
I've said it before, and im saying again. I really need to go in the citizen vintage direction. :)

cheers, fantastic pieces guys. ;)
Dave.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts