The Watch Site banner

Updated. Second hand? H461-9000

11K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Scevinus 
#1 ·
This is an ongoing saga. I finally found the movement and the "watchmaker" who performed the movement switch broke my beautiful red second hand in two.

I recall seeing this type of hand on other models and would rather not sacrifice another donor watch. Any ideas on how to find one?

Thanks,

Erik

Hello all.

I am a first time poster and short-time lurker. This watch was recently bought off the bay for a reasonable price and unknown performance. Unfortunately a new battery did not get the LCD running.

What are my options for repair? Coserv? Any opinions on whether it merits the price or effort? The watch needs a good bath, but I like the looks. The alarm (annoyingly) goes off daily and the LCD would really help with turning it off. :eek:

Also, the bezel does not rotate. Is this normal?

H461-9000

Thanks for any responses and I look forward to increasing my activity in this forum.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Seiko LCD repair? H461-9000

Hey.

Congratulations on a nice find.

You don´t see this specific Seiko H461 Ana-digi model often, and yours has the original bracelet too which is really cool.

The Seiko ana-digi calibre H461 is a nice movement. You will find the exact same movement in the vintage Chronosport UDT II, the Breitling Navitimer Pluton/Jupiter, the French Airforce Pulsar or the Yema Spationaute.

Their movements have different calibre numbers, H461A / Y652A / Y652B / BREITLING B232 / Y652 Miyota, but the movements are identical and their parts interchangeable.

But back to your Seiko: the bezel on your watch should turn both ways. The reason why the bezel on your watch does not turn is probably dirt underneath it. So a good clean should help out here.

For the movement: the battery should be a Varta 392 / SR41W. Let the battery change by a professional watchmaker and maybe the digital part of the movement comes back to life.

If the movement needs to be repaired and the repair costs would be too high or if there are no parts available anymore from Seiko, it would be the best to find a donor watch on the bay with a fully functional movement and just swap them. Seiko released some dresswatches with the H461 calibre which you can find sometimes for a good price on the bay.

Anyway, hope this was of any help and you can get your new watch working again.

Greetings and all the best.

sharpie

#4 ·
This is an ongoing saga. I finally found the movement and the "watchmaker" who performed the movement switch broke my beautiful red second hand in two.

I recall seeing this type of hand on other models and would rather not sacrifice another donor watch. Any ideas on how to find one?

Thanks,

Erik

#5 ·
Borel shows they have them. here are some other watches that use that hand part number.

WATCH MATERIAL INTERCHANGE LIST
[/t]
[/t]
09SC37PR
[tr][td]
SECOND HAND SAX031J JT
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr] [tr] [td] Price Each[/td] [td] $ 9.60[/td][/tr] [tr] [td] Price Each (3)[/td] [td] $ 4.80 [/td][/tr] [tr] [td][/td][td] Add to Order[/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 5H23-6030[/td] [td] SEIKO CASE REFERENCE[/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 5H23-6080[/td] [td] SEIKO CASE REFERENCE[/td][/tr] [tr] [td] H461-9000[/td] [td] SEIKO CASE REFERENCE[/td][/tr]
[/td][/tr]

#9 ·
I FOUND IT!!!!

Hello, after days of searching sites from Breitling to Citizen to seiko and more, I finally found the instruction manual for a Y652 movement used in the H461-600A...and maybe someone else has too but I dug it out of an old Pulsar cal that uses the same movement along with Breitling Pluton and I think Navitimers 3100..it was on a digitial library dot com JPG that was but buried. I went to that site and it had a passwood to use and gave a web site:

http://www.digitalwatchlibrary.com/images/other_manuals/y652.pdf

I just got a JDM watch labelled H461-600A and had the myiota movement...amazing...HOORAH!

#10 ·
Hello, i've just bought this nice watch, fully functional but without the original bracelet. I like to look for it, but don't know the part. It must be similar to Z1277. Any ideas for good looking other bracelets for this watch are also welcome, they just have to be in black brushed metal (gun metal) and 18mm width.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.