The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already owned a 6309 filled with AM parts. A great watch, but not the real deal... and prices for the originals are on the way up, I've noticed. So, I was very happy to spot one on a Dutch forum. Fair price, good seller (honest guy) and the ad had a nice, sharp pic.

The watch arrived around 6 last night. My postman knows that I'm not always at home or that I'm busy in the workshop and has decided that the best moment for me... is around 6PM. How's that for service!? Together with the 6309, he also delivered another Seiko related parcel, but that's another posting...

Anyway, the watch! A 1981, unmolested 'you get what you see' watch. In need of a service. The quick date set isn't functioning and the brushing of the case has gone. Not polished off, but simply worn. Hands and dial are a little dirty. But, that's wabi! I've worn the watch since last night 6:15 or so. And now, around 10:30 local time, it's only 5 sec. slow!

Menno

As always, pics tell more than words.

·
Registered
25,702 Posts
daveswordfish said:
The aging is great on that one! Really nice pick up! Congrats...
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :bravo_2:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
A truly nice, well used but not abused tool watch. Love the creamylicious aging of the lume. Nice but definitely wearable!

Congrats on the score and enjoy it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts