The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the evil world of E-bay do this to me ? I'm trying to save a bit to get some nice birth year (1965) watches.

Was just trying to leave some feedback for a seller when I spotted a "suggestion" .

:58::88::58::88:

It's probably from '64 anyway, in South Korea and postage is £23 before even thinking about the dreaded customs charges.

That's not fair !:91:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
It's a real beauty but sometimes living the fantasy is better than experiencing the reality.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm suspicious of "emerging from darkness" photos.

Also, given that you helped me find my birth year/month watch I'm glad to note you're a fellow birth-watch obsessive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Watch beautiful! Congratulations. Always wanted that would the dial was dark.
OFF
Mr Levity
You have really large custom duties? Here in Russia, if the regular mail, the € 10,000 per month. EMS - 1000.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm suspicious of "emerging from darkness" photos.

Also, given that you helped me find my birth year/month watch I'm glad to note you're a fellow birth-watch obsessive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsessive ? Moi ? Blame Jim for giving me the idea .:38::wee_hee:

Sieger, I haven't actually succumbed to the tempatation.

Customs duties over here are a law unto themselves. Sometimes you can get away with paying nothing, other times they want an arm and a leg (not literally, just an expression :)).

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Why does the evil world of E-bay do this to me ? I'm trying to save a bit to get some nice birth year (1965) watches.

Was just trying to leave some feedback for a seller when I spotted a "suggestion" .

:58::88::58::88:

It's probably from '64 anyway, in South Korea and postage is £23 before even thinking about the dreaded customs charges.

That's not fair !:91:
Dani, did the seller say .....,
" Dani Lookie , Lookie to you ?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it is a redial it's a superb one, dial code and all. The rest of the watch is immaculate too. Seller seems to only deal in high quality stuff. If money were no object..........:72:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Not to rain on a party, but I'd keep well away of the watch!
The seller in question regularly gets premium prices for so so watches by dint of superlative photography. and this is one of them. The case is polished to within an inch of its life, and I am not sure the dial with gold markings goes with a stainless case. The dial is almost definitely a repaint, compare it to other watches of the same time, not a very good repaint at that. The gold paint is also dodgy, I am not sure I've seen a Seiko in that colour scheme.

Overall I would definitely wait and pay less for a more original example.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice, but have no fear. I don't intend to do anything except look at it on the screen !

I did think the gold hands out of place on a SS watch, but it still looks mighty pretty.

If I were going to buy from Asia, I'd stick with Mr Saitama.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I had understood that but was posting a warning for anyone who might get sucked in by nice photography.. it's the watch that counts and not the artistic presentation and this one is a dog.. Google seems to confirm there is no black dial version of this watch and gold indices come with gold cases. Cheers :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts