The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SARB017 Alpinist that dates back to 2006 and has been spot on accurate for the entire time that I've had it. However, in the past day it starts and stops randomly, as if it needs a service. It's completely wound and I'm stumped. From prior experience, an automatic that's in need of a service gradually loses time and stops over a much longer period.

Could someone help with their expertise as to what the problem could be? If it does need a service, I would have thought the venerable 6R15 could go past 8 years before needing a service. Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Don't know why , but the thought that it may have somehow got magnetized came to me when you said "However, in the past day " when the erratic behavior started . I know that gaining time is a symptom of being magnetized , but when an active accurate watch suddenly goes haywire I'm curious as to what may be the cause . This is a shot in the dark guess...I'm waiting to find out what actually caused the problem .

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, Ricardo. I ended up giving the back of the watch a couple of smacks against my hand and it seemed to correct the issue. It's now back to its previous accuracy and power reserve. Bizarre...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Old School.....a couple of smacks with the back of the hand works....and doesn't leave marks...........BTW , I was kidding , ...I'm a kidder .....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts