The Watch Site banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Special Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not related to Japanese watches, but related to a great SCWF member! I just received an Uncle Seiko US1171 Speedmaster bracelet to put on my 1990's Seamaster, and wow - what a great bracelet! This is the older SMP (same case as the 2531.80 & 2541.80), and I always thought the white dial, gilt indices and polished bezel on this model was a bit dressier than the blue and black variants. While the stock Bond bracelet is great, I was looking for something with more taper and less bling that'd let the watch do the talking. This Uncle Seiko bracelet is, in a word, fantastic. A throwback to "rattly old bracelets" in the best and most complimentary way possible (and rightly so, it's modeled on Omega's 70s-era 1171 speedy bracelet) - supremely comfortable and light.

Anyway, awesome piece of kit, and just had to give Uncle Seiko his due among a group of fellow fans and enthusiasts...well done Larry!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
It fits well.
I'd be inclined to buff it to the same as the case and look for an Omega clasp....to end up having what you've already got in the original one!

·
Special Member
14,054 Posts
it fits the part. Very nice alternative .... I like the "U" clasp ....

Oh, nice watch too.

·
Special Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it fits the part. Very nice alternative .... I like the "U" clasp ....

Oh, nice watch too.
Thanks! It was a Craigslist pick-up while on a work trip to Seattle...last trip I took before the pandemic hit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts