The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
id first of all like to blame , err i mean thank swedefreak for pointing me in the direction of one of the other members on here "thewatchcollector" in the philipines. as i was searching for parts and other watches i stumbled across these two citizens in the pages that he had for sale and i just had to buy them so that they can be restored to their former glory. the one with the black bezel is a citizen 8200 movement and the other citizen i still have to look up, but it looks like it needs a mainspring and wheel and a new stem just to get it running before i can get it looking nice again. does anyone know if these watches came with a rubber or metal bracelet ?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
HAHAHAHA. Yet another innocent dragged to the dark side of WISdom. My work here is done. HAHAHAHA.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Wow! Those watches must have had a rough life.
Restoring them is going to be a labor of love.

If I am not mistaken, the pepsi one is a NY2300, and the black one is the Promaster NY0040.
Both are still available. The NY2300 comes with a rubber strap while the NY0040 is available
on rubber or on a folded metal bracelet.
What's puzzling me is the white day wheel on the NY0040. I believe it should be black.

Best regards
Jan

·
Registered
7 Posts
NO! Not thewatchcollector!! I've bought so much stuff from him since I started playing with watches and my collection has grown exponentially because of him! You can always find interesting stuff and oftentimes you'll get something that is in really nice condition.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you know the watch is in such lovely condition when the gold plating has worn off the bezel and crown. does the pepsi dial one use the z22 rubber strap that is popular?

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
mob said:
you know the watch is in such lovely condition when the gold plating has worn off the bezel and crown. does the pepsi dial one use the z22 rubber strap that is popular?
I believe the lugs are either 19 or 20 mm not 22.

Cheers!
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts