The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week a couple of 62MAS sold and I was surprised by their prices.

The first was a very poor condition example.

There is rust on the hands, the dial is a bit of a mess, bezel insert trashed and generally very average condition.

Despite this the watch sold for ~$480 with 22 bids.

A second 62MAS sold about an hour later.

This one even came with a beat up Weekdater.

This one sold for ~$65 more with 18 bids. It looks to be in very good condition.

There is some damage to the lower right lug but the rest of the case looks untouched and the dial seems like it will be fine. With a clean, new bezel and crystal this should come up looking nice.

This seemed a reasonable price for this example and if I had known this would be the final price I likely would have bid on it.

I know that there are always a range of prices paid and differest circumstances for the final sales prices, but for two watches sold around an hours apart it stikes me that one was not a good deal and another was not bad at all.

·
Registered
627 Posts
This one sold for ~$65 more with 18 bids. It looks to be in very good condition.
I sure do hope you are missing a digit there - otherwise I really have to figure out how to use YJ!

Edit: I need to read more carefully, I now see your "more." Agree that is an absolutely crazy price difference. The latter seems like it should be worth 50-60% more.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Any chance you could post the link to the second one please? I'd like to have a look and see how I managed to miss that one....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts