6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so actually not a 'vs' but more of an 'and:'

So I have one of these:
Watch Analog watch White Rectangle Clock

But it appears I may have to get one of these:
Watch Analog watch Product Azure Rectangle
(not my photos obvsly)

Any thoughts? I tend not to sell any of my babies watches, so this would not be in danger of kicking out the PADI.
This is probably the flashiest turtle I've seen. It is also somewhat similar in concept to my Save the Oceans Samurai– but I think this is unique enough I wouldn't have any regrets.

I'm a little torn. If it were ~$350 I would just go ahead. At $750 it makes me pause. I got both the PADI and STO Samurai for $300 each, which was quite good at the time; all 3 have the 4R36. I know there are probably no more $300 bargains for any popular Seikos, but still.

My question: is the value there? Is this really worth $750 if it's not a Limited Edition? Let the flames begin.

·
Special Member
729 Posts
When I shopped my SRP turtle for my 60th birthday in 2018 I only wanted a pepsi, lately I have been thinking about possibly modding it since it gets no rotation after I acquired a Sumo. My advice would be to hunt for the dial, chapter ring and bezel then keep your watch :)

·
Premium Member
Seiko Dive Watches, Rolex Submariner
439 Posts
$750 for a 4R36?? Limited Edition or not, that just seems too high to me. Time will tell and maybe collectors will snap them up at this price, but for me these are a solid "no thank you".

·
Special Member
2,282 Posts

there are a few new ones. I'm pretty sure I won't pick up any of these, but I may get the updated Padi pepsi one just to have them both.

<* shark >>><

·
First Lady
1,682 Posts
I saw these and found the dials to be weird. Compare it to the beautiful guilloche dial on my new cocktail time, which is a limited edition, and can be found for a bit over $600.00. I happen to have a Padi turtle and like it very much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$750 for a 4R36?? Limited Edition or not, that just seems too high to me. Time will tell and maybe collectors will snap them up at this price, but for me these are a solid "no thank you".
The SRPH's aren't even Limited, they are Special edition = non-limited quantity. Maybe they are $750 instead of $1200 because of that, even so I think the 4R36 is not what you should get in a watch at this level.
Would I pay the $1200 if it had a 6R35? Hmmm- maybe, but I already have 2 watches with those and their timekeeping is certainly no better than my 4R35's, so I'm not really seeing the value there either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts