The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I couldn't seem to find a definitive answer, just hole sizes and talk of broaching, no "I put them on my auto".

So I bought a set, and put them on my auto.

They were tight, I squished them onto a junk movement first - a hand presto is your friend for this. I relumed them to match what I had done the dial, not perfect, but overall the same. Now to find a MM300 dial for it... Cousins only has the 1000M, in gold, which I have, but not on this Funa.

So there you go, they work.

Attachments

·
Special Member
1,348 Posts
Finally, we get to see some of your work!

I've been falling asleep over here. I think we should have posting guidelines that require modders to post something new every six weeks.

Also, how about a modders contest? Maybe one contest every six months?

But seriously, love the watch, love the work, love the shroud, love the hands!

As to the dial, it looks fine with that one and even if you find a 300 dial, that's not a guarantee that you'll like it better. Chapter ring with gold minute marks, might not be possible.

I need one of those myself and still haven't had any luck.

Mike

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the hands from a seller on Ebay called JFM watches. They are surprisingly well made for AM, very thick with sharp edges. Comparable to anything from Jake.

There must be something out there with gold ticks, I know there are a few quartz offerings that have them. I will need to be patient. Or I can try soaking a normal one in coffee. Hmm, lightbulb... yellow Rit dye maybe.

Must buy loose chapter rings for the 7002 Funa....

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would say go for it, I was very surprised at how well they fitted the aesthetics. Honestly, I have never been a fan of the standard diver hands. Something about them is just wrong to me....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts