The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the Tuna is a rather large diameter watch. But how does the dial and hand size compare to an SKX007? I consider the SKX to be a bit on the small side, maybe because of the short lugs. But the dial and hands don't look too big either. So are the Tuna dial and hands larger than the SKX? Thanks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I know that the bezel insert is tranferable between the Tuna and the SKX007, so I suspect the dial to be of a very similar or identical diameter.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if they're the same size, which would be easier to read? I haven't seen a Tuna in person so I don't know but I am guessing it must be more legible because of its bigger hands?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
hks3sgte said:
So if they're the same size, which would be easier to read? I haven't seen a Tuna in person so I don't know but I am guessing it must be more legible because of its bigger hands?

Both the 7C46-7011 (SBBN007) and 7S26-0020 (SKX007) are easily read at a glance. I'd give a slight edge to the SKX007, as the domed crystal on the "Tuna" can sometimes reflect ambient light in such a way that makes the dial hard to read. This is easily overcome by rotating your wrist slightly.

EDIT: Here's a photo of the two watches side-by-side:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
hks3sgte said:
Looks like the Tuna is pretty much a large watch with a small dial?

I don't think so. With the shroud removed, the "Tuna" isn't much larger than the "007". In fact, it might be slightly shorter when measured from lug tip to lug tip.

Best,
Myles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts