The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
opinions on the fuller tsunami watch? are many people taking the plung on ebay now? i have just bought a true 6309 704x re make with black dial and bell markers! can't wait!!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I bought 2 already and have a PVD version incoming. Could not be any happier than I am with mine. Truly amazing pieces. You have to hold it in your hands to fully appreciate the huge goal Noah scored with this project. The Tsunami is amongst the best watches that I own. I highly regard it. It's right up there with the MM, IMHO. The watch is THAT good.

·
Administrator
33,756 Posts
georgelazenby said:
i have just bought a true 6309 704x re make with black dial and bell markers! can't wait!!
As i see it Noah the remark he made was in reference to a true 6309 not your reproduction of a "6309" ;) or does he think yours is a "true" 6309 ? i am confused ???

·
Administrator
33,756 Posts
Nice watch with good specifications Noah but were does the 6309 part come in your superb creation ?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
TheTigerUK said:
Nice watch with good specifications Noah but were does the 6309 part come in your superb creation ?

I think tsunami is inspired by the 6309 case/design, and then taken to utmost limits one can take it.
Its definitely no remake, different beast entirely IMO. Only similarities are case shape, hour indices. But everything else is OVER THE TOP! ;)

But back to the OP, I think he was referring to a 6309 mod/enhancement? Or am I confused too. lol.

Here's a pic of tsunami and 6309 side by side.
Dave.

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Take a 6309-7040 capture the look and style of the original design then upgrade all the specs,
stamp the back with a stylized Tsunami wave that pays tribute to what some say is the "great wave" Japanese wood cut that Seiko used for their case back stamp and there you have it ...

hacking and winding
Domed sapphire glass AR coated
Drilled lugs
nylon grass gaskets
increased water resist 333m / 1000ft
big beefy Bracelet with screwed links / divers extension

I think Chris was pointing out how he lover the style of the 6309 how most stock models fall short of todays standards ..

·
Administrator
33,756 Posts
noah said:
nylon grass gaskets
Really interested in the new gaskets Noah, why do they call them grass ? Do you pressure test them in your own build facility ? very impressive 300m !! How often would such as the crown gasket have to be renewed to maintain that rating ? would they have to be returned for that sort of work ? what sort of costs would be involved getting them tested to that depth ? do you supply a certificate to the affect that they have passed a test ?

Sorry for all the questions i just find that side of it really interesting i don't know why because i take my divers off to wash the pots ???

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In my original post i meant a 6309 remake in outward appearance only.Hey i'm no newbie, i've been following this forum now for the last 3 years and know my way around a 6309 divers watch! i have looked in fondness of the conception of the Fuller Tsunami project and know to say it's a remake is a cotradiction the new watch is a complete improvement on the original. I think Noah has listed them on ebay as 6309-704 remake to get the interest of 704x bowsers on ebay nothing more,nothing less.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Hey George, loved you in "The Majesty's Secret Service". One of my faves actually. 8)

One of the bonds that flew under the radar.
Just a pointless post. But love 007, Rolex, Omega's, Aston Martin's, Bond girls, great formula. ;)

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
534 Posts
sharkfinDave said:
Hey George, loved you in "The Majesty's Secret Service". One of my faves actually. 8)

One of the bonds that flew under the radar.
Just a pointless post. But love 007, Rolex, Omega's, Aston Martin's, Bond girls, great formula. ;)

Cheers, Dave.
Someone mention Aston Martin? Here is a blast from the past photo of the Neilo collection of modded 6309s....

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
8) pic Thian.

I could see 007 using a classic Seiko diver. 6309... probably a 6105. But realistically, a modern GS Diver. My grail. :)
But that'll never happen, unless its a spinoff bond film made in Japan. LOL.

Dave. sharkfin Dave.

·
Special Member
2,244 Posts
like the appearance of the watch and am sure it is well constructed, but there are so many more watches (not necessarily meaning quantity) that i could get for the coin of the tsunami. let's face it, this is a "custom" watch and a watch from an actual manufacturer will always just seem to push this one rung back in the purchasing line.

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
97 Posts
thesharkman said:
like the appearance of the watch and am sure it is well constructed, but there are so many more watches (not necessarily meaning quantity) that i could get for the coin of the tsunami. let's face it, this is a "custom" watch and a watch from an actual manufacturer will always just seem to push this one rung back in the purchasing line.

<* shark >>><
Sharkman,

I agree with your sentiments, and I applaud your courage to say what I am sure many bubbas here are also thinking. I fully agree with many that the Tsunami is an excellent watch, and Noah Fuller will always be regarded as THE man who did what no others could or would do, but at $750 a piece, it is quite a kick in the pants.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I agree that 750 is not cheap, but if you compare what you are getting in functionality and exclusivity, espcially comapred to other brands, I think it's a very fair price. I also know that Noah stands behind his product 100%.

Ok, I admit it, I'm considering getting one sometime in the future, but I just got a 6309 on the way and have to hold off on purchaeses for a while...

-Marin

BTW, 1st post, I'm new around here, hello all!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
That stamp on the back is actually the sign that the Japanese government hoist to signal that a Tsunami is coming and that you should evac the shore.

noah said:
Take a 6309-7040 capture the look and style of the original design then upgrade all the specs,
stamp the back with a stylized Tsunami wave that pays tribute to what some say is the "great wave" Japanese wood cut that Seiko used for their case back stamp and there you have it ...

hacking and winding
Domed sapphire glass AR coated
Drilled lugs
nylon grass gaskets
increased water resist 333m / 1000ft
big beefy Bracelet with screwed links / divers extension

I think Chris was pointing out how he lover the style of the 6309 how most stock models fall short of todays standards ..

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Just curious...How is this not a fully manufactured watch? All parts were manufactured specifically for the watch, and the movements sourced directly from SII. Unless you request it to be customized, it's stock.

thesharkman said:

<* shark >>><

·
Administrator
33,756 Posts
Jake said:
[size=1.35em] Unless you request it to be customized, it's stock.

Jake if it is customised as some guys have had there's done (very nice as well !!!) do they have to go back to the manufacturer to be pressure tested again or have you the facilities on site to do that ?

The depth rating is sure impressive i would feel quite safe washing the pots up for the wife wearing something with that kinda spec!! 8)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
If I am correct, there is no gasket around the stem, only a gasket in the crown. Is that not a risk that is easy to master with just a little gasket?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
and in Seiko's there is no gasket in the crown, and just a tiny one on the stem...The crown gasket is a flat ring, and is quite robust....but the crown must be screwed in. You might also note that the 6309-7040 had a crown gasket and not stem

Thanks,

Jake B

robbie409 said:
If I am correct, there is no gasket around the stem, only a gasket in the crown. Is that not a risk that is easy to master with just a little gasket?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts