The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built myself one of Johns TST mods last November and it ended up llike this, designed to have a vintage style.

One of the more frustarting aspects of the build was the bezel was incredibly difficult to turn with the shroud fited, I tried a number of different thicknesses of o-rings but it never worked to my satisfaction.

Last week I saw Rob had some SBNN017 bezels for sale so I thought this may solve my rotating issue, with a proper tuna bezel I may be able to grip it better.

I duly bought one from Rob, (cheers mate) and having finished the watchsmithery for the day thought I'd fit it before putting the tools away.

It's now on and the bezel turns as smooth as butter! The only decision now is do I leave the SBBN017 insert in or replace it with the 6309 one?

Decisions, decisions?! :)

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Either way it looks good. The bezel on my TST is also very difficult to turn, so good to know that a Tuna bezel works better.... now off to SCTP ;)

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I'd like one with a High Coin Edge

Those are very nice and useful too.
I like those two, but I was wondering about a high coin edge one so to give it a " Bolder look ".
The coin edge Bezels, is there one that might fit or are difficult to find also.
Also have been deciding on what Dial I would like to use might have to find one. Maybe even a used one for now. This case has been sitting to long so has to be worked on soon. There are so much to be used and decisions to be made. I don't regularly care for white dials but prefer Black ones more. Especially those Frog UDT ones that cant seem to be found anywhere. Dial's like that maybe or something different.

Anyone having a pretty good different style (Used Dial) beside the 7040,7290's out there for the 6309 case ?

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
wow...love that bezel and cannop...i love that dial and how you did it...exceptional work...i hope when i make one...it is as nice as yours...love the new bezel too

·
Registered
743 Posts
I am please to hear that it is not just me that has a tight bezel! I also tried several different bezel O rings without any success....but despite this I think I prefer the look of the 6309 bezel:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
First off let me say how much I like the vintage look/style. It really works well with the mesh as well. I too prefer the black bezel insert. Man, she's a looker alright.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I would change in the original bezel insert as it compliments the dial beautifully. I went for a 6105 bezel and that is incredibly difficult to turn (not that I do much). I think if I had to pick a perfect TST bezel it would be a Murphy on SKX based mod - the friction bezel and coin edge are unbeatable.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I agree, the black insert with the SBBN017 bezel is a winner.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Well any version of the TST just works for me...it is so timeless...you can remake it over and over with different parts and it is new every time..but i love the vintage look the best...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts