The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Trying to find someone that can service a 6139-6005. The crown is missing and the chrono buttons stick. I'd love to get this thing working so I can gift it back to my father for his birthday...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Within the US your best option for 6139 chrono service/repair/restoration will be Spencer Klein in Colorado.

His direct email is [email protected]

He's no longer a member on this forum, but please be my guest in googling his name for countless references.

·
Registered
147 Posts
There's an old guy in Parma who might be able to help you out if you don't want to send the watch anywhere. He's serviced a couple of watches for me (though they weren't chronos) and I've been pleased with the results. Check out "Chester Watch Services" near the corner of Ridge and Pearl roads.

It's a proper watch repair shop, a rare thing these days :)

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Although it's always a good idea it may not need a full service if it's still keeping good time.
I'm in PA and can help with new gaskets to correct the pusher issue, stem + crown replacement, crystal replacement, and case cleaning. I have a large arsenal of nos Seiko parts on hand.

Tom

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Although it's always a good idea it may not need a full service if it's still keeping good time.
I'm in PA and can help with new gaskets to correct the pusher issue, stem + crown replacement, crystal replacement, and case cleaning. I have a large arsenal of nos Seiko parts on hand.

Tom
Just look at Tom's collection! Then you'll understand Tom is mr Pogue!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

It's a long story and honestly isn't worth the aggravation to rehash the whole ordeal.....some things are better left as they are.

Spencer is my business partner....I handle all of the case refinishing work for his customers. I am also a source for Swedefreak produced replacement gaskets.
If you are needing further information feel free to contact me directly through the site email.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
It's a long story and honestly isn't worth the aggravation to rehash the whole ordeal.....some things are better left as they are.

Spencer is my business partner....I handle all of the case refinishing work for his customers. I am also a source for Swedefreak produced replacement gaskets.
If you are needing further information feel free to contact me directly through the site email.
Cool to know :cool:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have had my Bullheads done by Spencer and he IS DA MAN.

Cheers
Mark.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts