The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
30,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dial on my 6217-8001/ 62mas had one foot missing so this week I sent it off to Duncan/Cannop to have a new one welded in position, Duncan is the only guy I know who offers this service and that I would trust with my dial :) he does have the correct tool to perform this repair.

Superb job and received it back today, thanks Duncan.

But notice the tracking number ? now imo that is dedication to the Marque !!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
excellent work...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
What does Duncan charge to reinstall the feet and what of you no longer have the broken foot? I have several very nice vintage dials that would make for great projects but sadly by the time they had made it into my hands some hack had already snapped them off. I have received nice dials many times in Seiko parts lots only to flip them over and discover there are no feet. I just can bring myself to glue the dial to mounting ring or use the little sticky pads they sell. Should I PM Duncan directly?

Michael

·
Administrator
30,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does Duncan charge to reinstall the feet and what of you no longer have the broken foot? I have several very nice vintage dials that would make for great projects but sadly by the time they had made it into my hands some hack had already snapped them off. I have received nice dials many times in Seiko parts lots only to flip them over and discover there are no feet. I just can bring myself to glue the dial to mounting ring or use the little sticky pads they sell. Should I PM Duncan directly?

Michael
Best to check with Duncan direct Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts