The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got battered yesterday with tropical storm Isaias. Over 6" of rain, roads blocked by downed trees, and power outages. Wires down everywhere. What's one to do? Options are limited.......
It's time out to gather together a few Sports 5 JDM Speedtimers...........:) It's always nice to pick up a couple of Seiko Display Boxes for just such an occasion. Whoops, looks like one's collecting dust...........:(

I had to slip in a 6138 to fill the spot that's for another incoming Sports 5 6139 Speed timer that hasn't arrived yet.............

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
nice one Tom. Sit in the dark with a microfiber cloth and rub your watches ...
be safe ...

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Yup, we had a similar problem. But bought my first generator the day before! Worked like a champ for 10 hours continually. The grid is back but it’s undervoltage sometimes as low as 93volts which will kill some appliances.

You

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi Tom, happy to volunteer myself to look after all the pieces, and $39.50 seems extremely reasonable!

Stay safe, and hope the storms don't affect you guys in America too badly.

All the best,

Neel

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Yup, we had a similar problem. But bought my first generator the day before! Worked like a champ for 10 hours continually. The grid is back but it’s undervoltage sometimes as low as 93volts which will kill some appliances.

You

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who the heck names these things?!
'Honey, I've brought a predator for inside the house when it's dark and there's no power....'

·
Poet Laureate
862 Posts
Nice collection! All look to be in very nice condition 👍
Looks like you have a chiclet bracelet on your 6010, was that a factory configuration, or is it a Pulsations bracelet and endlinks?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 6139 at the top left of the box is epic. Must be very rare, hardly see those for sale

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tom, you know what to do besides gathering those beauties together because you know who's in control
As you know Steve, I'm just the Custodian in charge for the Time being...........:)

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys. I appreciate your comments!

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whoops,
One of my Favorites slipped my mind. It was in my travel case...........

·
Registered
61 Posts
We got battered yesterday with tropical storm Isaias. Over 6" of rain, roads blocked by downed trees, and power outages. Wires down everywhere. What's one to do? Options are limited.......
It's time out to gather together a few Sports 5 JDM Speedtimers...........:) It's always nice to pick up a couple of Seiko Display Boxes for just such an occasion. Whoops, looks like one's collecting dust...........:(

View attachment 453461

I had to slip in a 6138 to fill the spot that's for another incoming Sports 5 6139 Speed timer that hasn't arrived yet.............
Wow, you sure like those 6139's. It's hard not to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts