The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, well clean up pays off sometimes. LOL. My middles school watches I've sort of forgot, well, knew I had them, but didn't know where I put them.hehe.

Well, found this one, a 7a28-6000 quartz chrono (SBHQ017) sorry no lume :(

Its all gunked up and the bezel was stuck, dead battery, broken link, sticky pusher.
I cleaned up the dirt behind bezel, got new battery,removed broken link. Thank goodness I wear my bracelets a little loose and minus a link its fitting nicely.

I read about TigerUK's pusher clean up and figure I need the same for my sticky pusher. Just gotta figure out how it comes off and on again. (uh-oh) hehe.

Back as a kid I loved this asymetry, so it explains my love for things like the Aqualand 20th asymetrical case, Aqualand CO23, Omega ploprof, Ocean7 lm7. ;)

Here's the pics.
Dave.

off comes the bezel to clean

ugh, I put my watches thru crap as a kid, I needed a G-shock as a kid.

all clean now. ;)

battery changed

all done,back in one piece.

on the wrist ;)

·
Registered
702 Posts
That's a beauty, and if I remember correctly, a very sought after model.
I think Rob at the trading post had a NOS insert for this model, not sure though.

It's in a decent shape for a kid's watch, my Seiko 5 gone through 2 broken crystals
and many visits to the watchmaker after I crashed into something (Skateboards, bicycles etc)
and it stop beating.
So I guess the 7Axx is a very tough movement, 15j in a quartz movt. is one proof for that.

Anyway, great find and a beautiful piece O0

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Galpo said:
That's a beauty, and if I remember correctly, a very sought after model.
Indeed it is. It is one of three seiko models worn in the 1986 movie Aliens. This particular model was worn by Lans Henriksen who played the part of the android "Bishop" (and later the part of Michael Bishop in 1992's Alien 3 and Charles Bishop Weyland in 2004's Alien Vs. Predator).

Here is part of a post I made a few years ago which describe the three Seiko models used in the movie Aliens:

Isthmus said:
ALIENS

According to Cobrajet in this Post:

"Sigourney Weaver wears a silver Seiko 7A28-7001 Giugiaro chrono in "Aliens". The rest of the Colonial Marines (Bill Paxton, Michael Beihn, and others) in that movie wear Seiko digital pulsemeters."

This is a picture of that watch, which it's not the black version that is typically claimed to be the one, but rather the silver one (she does wear a black watch at one point in the movie Alien (not Aliens), but I have not been able to determine what that was:

[b]Here are a few other pics from Aliens showing Ripley with the silver Seiko:[/b]

[/font][font=verdana][img][/font]
[font=verdana]
[img]

[img]

[img]

[/font][b][font=verdana]Uwe / Ostendorf posted the following pics of his collection of the giugaro Aliens watches in [url=http://www.larrybiggs.net/scwf/index.php?mod=103&action=1&id=1174594774]this thread[/url] which include the true black [/font][font=verdana]7A28-6000 seiko chrono [/font][/b][font=verdana][b]worn in the movie Aliens. This one was not worn by Ripley though, but rather by Lans Henriksen who played the android Bishop (not his image of the silver watch has the incorrect color pushers - they are supposed to be black):[/b]

[img]

[b]jneds expanded on the post by providing more images from the movie showing Bishop wearing the watch:[/b]

[img]http://www.larrybiggs.net/scwf/images/com/network54/3e/29/62/77/fa572bd6db60a9310dc7fadd.jpg

The Colonial Marines in the movie Aliens also wore seikos. IN their case they all wore the same Seiko S234 Pulsemeter similar to this one belonging to Badern:

[img]

[img]

[img]

[img][/font]
[font=verdana]
[b]Here are some screen Caps of the colonial Marines wearing the Pulsemeters:[/b]

[img]

[img][/font][/quote]

·
Registered
659 Posts
That's awesome, Dave. You had great taste in watches back in middle school! I think my nicest watch was a plastic Swatch.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. :-*
Gabe great write up. ;)

Yes, I didn't even know it was such a gem. LOL. Just lucky it was used in Aliens, and got popular. I just thought it was cool as kid, like chrono's at the time.
Had I known, I'd taken better care, and not used it like a gshock. haha. It was a beater and being an energetic kid, it held up nicely.
Its a shame I don't have the links as I'm small wrist size, so its definitely resized and had to be spare links.
Its fun to discover this, like being on the antiques roadshow. Haha. I never knew of the model # thank goodness for the database. Cheers, for that. ;)
Wish I found an old MM or Tuna. hehe. I can only dream.

Cheers, Dave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts