The Watch Site banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Researcher
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I quite often find myself reading for sale posts and when I get to the very end of the post, after the bumps and reductions replies - the vendor has tacked a "sold" message at the very end.
It's pretty annoying after reading through the whole rigmarole, to find it's sold! - could we not "tweak" the rules to make sure vendors put SOLD in the header of the ad, not in a reply at the end?
What do you think?

·
Administrator
34,760 Posts
Hi Dave, I know what you mean but.......................even if we made it a rule some guys wouldent do it, as you know we struggle at times to get members to even put FS or price or..................

Can be pretty boring at times so i don't think another rule will help :(

·
Registered
302 Posts
It would be nice if all posters marked [SOLD] in front of their FS post when an item sells but it's hard to expect everyone to do that. I'm a mod for a tuba/euphonium forum and we do that as mods when we see the poster hasn't ... but we only have about 800 members with a lot less sales. SCWF must have 10's of thousand members with many sales.

·
Special Member
3,781 Posts
It would be nice if all posters marked [SOLD] in front of their FS post when an item sells but it's hard to expect everyone to do that. I'm a mod for a tuba/euphonium forum and we do that as mods when we see the poster hasn't ... but we only have about 800 members with a lot less sales. WF must have 10's of thousand members withs many sales.
Although a big forum in numbers, most of its members have never managed a single post, and there are not too many sellers either,

Rob

·
Researcher
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Dave, I know what you mean but.......................even if we made it a rule some guys wouldent do it, as you know we struggle at times to get members to even put FS or price or..................

Can be pretty boring at times so i don't think another rule will help :(
I think that non-compliers should be put on R.O.P.s;)
Crucifixion second offence.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I dunno, it seems like there's some pretty good rules in place for the Marketplace at MacRumors.com.

You pick from a preselected prefix (FS, FT, WTB, Feeler, FS[ended], FT [ended], etc.) and once the item sells, users can go back and edit the prefix. They've also got a rule that prices should be left once the item sells. Other places I've seen will lock the thread if it doesn't conform to the "template."

I agree that too many rules makes for difficult selling, but there's a massive spectrum on which consistency and convenience can both be satisfied.

·
Administrator
34,760 Posts
We have asked the software guys umpteen times if they could produce a TF template but as of now they still havent been able to produce one that meets our (or any) requirements, PITA really :)

·
35,865 Posts
I think it would be common courtesy to post "sold" conspicuously on a sold item and "OHPF" on pending items. And most of us here are courteous, aren't we?

·
Registered
302 Posts
We have asked the software guys umpteen times if they could produce a TF template but as of now they still havent been able to produce one that meets our (or any) requirements, PITA really :)
If interested... The forum Admn on the Tuba/euphonium forum where I moderate, recently changed a 'thumbs-up' icon to a 'green check mark'. He said, "You may notice that some of the listings in this category have a Check-Mark icon next to the title. That indicates that the sale is complete (or that the listing has ended). So if you are looking for a deal, you can avoid the Check-Marked listings. But if you want to see what the results were to give you a perspective, then you could click through the Check-Marked listings."

Here's a snap shot:

Attachments

·
Special Member
9,489 Posts
I think it would be common courtesy to post "sold" conspicuously on a sold item and "OHPF" on pending items. And most of us here are courteous, aren't we?
I don't believe in the concept of OHPF, unless it's over $1000 or more where legitimacy of wire transfers kicks in. To me it's first guy with the money.

I recently (almost) bought from you right here on SCWF so you know I never asked for a hold. BTW you are a most gracious seller, may I add. (PS- Still thinking about that one ! )

·
Special Member
9,489 Posts
If interested... The forum Admn on the Tuba/euphonium forum where I moderate, recently changed a 'thumbs-up' icon to a 'green check mark'. He said, "You may notice that some of the listings in this category have a Check-Mark icon next to the title. That indicates that the sale is complete (or that the listing has ended). So if you are looking for a deal, you can avoid the Check-Marked listings. But if you want to see what the results were to give you a perspective, then you could click through the Check-Marked listings."

Here's a snap shot:
I would LOVE the Check Mark system !!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.