The Watch Site banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Not sure I like the LIMITED 6105 EDITION 8110 text on the dial. Homage is one thing but blatantly copying codes is a No No.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
6105 homage

Enjoy the watch, If I was not able to afford OEMs This would be a Nice OPTION imho. To be able to hand wind is a Nice Plus. I just don't see any big deal Between $200 or $165 Considering the COST of a Beautiful OEM 6105-8110 Again just me.. but at $2000 less than a ""OEM NICE"" 6105-8110/8119 this is a nice Choice.
Russell

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just had a closer look at the dial and I missed something important before...the 'Detroit Mint' text is offset beneath the 12 o'clock marker!

This would drive me or anyone with alignment issues, bonkers.
How difficult would it have been to get that small(large) detail right???

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just had a closer look at the dial and I missed something important before...the 'Detroit Mint' text is offset beneath the 12 o'clock marker!

This would drive me or anyone with alignment issues, bonkers.
How difficult would it have been to get that small(large) detail right???
That would have been much better. And they left out the 200m water resistant. All those things (leave out the Seiko pn, different logo, add water resistance, etc.) would have been better. I just realized the font comes from the Detroit Tigers "D" and I think it's the same as the Red Wings D.
Hopefully the watch performs well.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I wish they would just do a sterile dial version, I would get one for $165.

It's not sterile, but the Sharkey only has the logo, no wording. Too many of these on the market now, some being rebranded and sold for silly money. I paid around $140 for mine a couple of years back, has the same Seiko NH35 movement.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Almost makes me want to buy an AM seiko dial. I'm not going to sell it, and it is a Seiko movement. All of the things mentioned above about the dial are going to eat at me.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just wear it and enjoy it for what it is. I have a Sharkey version and like it a lot. It is well made and keeps good time. The price you paid is not outrageous. The $140 price was when they were trying to break into the market. They went as high as $220-230 for awhile. Must be selling well because they are still out there at the $180-200 level.

I remember seeing real 6105s as a kid. Never fully embraced the design and style. I wanted a cheaper watch to see what all the fuss over these was. I like my Sharkey but still don't care for the design of the 6105 and don't see myself searching for a nice 6105. I will say, it the most comfortable big watch I own. It is faithful to the original except for 20mm band instead of 19mm on the original. The sapphire crystal is a nice bonus, haven't scratched it yet and I scratch every crystal. It's a special gift I have.

Not one single person has commented on the Sharkey in the wild. Nor my real 6309, SKX, Monter, Stargate or Sharkey Tuna. If it makes you happy, wear it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Here it is. Links to live auctions are not permitted on the SCWF. Please search "Vintage Diver 6105-8110 Turtle Homage 316L Stainless Steel Sterile Black Dial"

Thanks for the info, I was thinking no writing at all but this is not bad, might get one to play with.

·
Special Member
2,681 Posts
I'm with you 100% John but I don't dislike them I just would rather spend a little extra $$$ and buy a 6309 like the one Kat bought :)

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Bit of a typo there! - NH15 = 4205, NE15 = 6R15 NH35 = 4R35.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Hate dials in all of these homage 6105's. Intrigued at the notion of picking one up to mod with better quality dial and hands and bezel insert. Is it safe to assume the dial feet would line up for a 4:00 7S/4R/6R dial?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts