The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Oh man, this is insane. I actually think the case back is in pretty good shape. :)

I just posted on a similar horrible silver dial. It’s from a US source too. I guess the franken creators are moving in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Do they think we are that stupid?
All repurposed aftermarket parts and poorly done
Makes u really appreciate all original ones even more
Thank u for sharing this my friend
God Bless,John
We should start the wall of shame for all of these terrible examples

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh man, this is insane. I actually think the case back is in pretty good shape. :)

I just posted on a similar horrible silver dial. It’s from a US source too. I guess the franken creators are moving in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I skipped over the photos and went straight to the description. Almost fell for it with the way everything was described I thought "**** this took alot of dedication and definitely sounds like a real deal until...i took a good look at the photos!

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to offer him 50 bucks ;-)
Seller counter offered with $1299.99!hurry! It's not too late you still have another opportunity!
Do they think we are that stupid?
All repurposed aftermarket parts and poorly done
Makes u really appreciate all original ones even more
Thank u for sharing this my friend
God Bless,John
We should start the wall of shame for all of these terrible examples

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
You know paypal stopped refunding their fees back to the seller. A lovely deterrent would be to purchase it, make the payment and then cancel the order. So tempting.

·
Special Member
2,325 Posts
Quite possibly the worst I have ever seen on Ebay from a shameful seller. Even his choice of crystal is Just Horrible!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I think there's an interesting question lurking underneath all the aftermarket nonsense. The watch is a 6139-6005. Which is nice enough, I guess. I have one and it's a great watch, even if mine does need a trip to the spa.

But even if this watch really had been lovingly restored with all NOS parts ... even if it were the best of all possible 1973 6139-6005s ... would you cough up $1,400 for a non-resist, non-proof yellow Pogue?

Seems like a reach to me, although I guess it only takes one buyer.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Special Member
2,325 Posts
You should check this one out that sold yesterday. Not a bad price I didn't get it tho but someone else who made an offer not that much from mine.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/184150466750

IMO that looks like a Good Buy especially with the original Tapered Bracelet. Someone got a nice pickup and will not need to "spend 2 years painstakingly searching for original parts to restore this watch to its original glory"

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi guys,

Is the 6005 Pogue should have the Automatic Chronograph'' mention under Seiko ? I thought it was ''automatic''
Bezel insert is not correct too...Eventually it's too expansive...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One that says only 'automatic' is designated for the NA market. And the one that includes "chronograph" is for the rest of the world.
A Yellow Pogue's Pogue ends with 6005 reference with 'Automatic' and 'Water Resist' on the dial along with Suwa symbol and 17J text.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Tried to offer 50 too, offer wasn’t accepted because I’m in UK. I honestly think 50 is all I’d be willing to pay for it, for that money you’d have a half decent looking watch you wouldn’t have to worry about I suppose.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just saw that and watched the video, sent him a message informing him that NONE of the watch is in-fact original, just in case he was genuine mistaken in thinking it was original. However, I very much doubt it and I look forward to the salty reply I will probably receive.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts