The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this Seiko up in a junk shop in Tokyo. It didn't have any straps when I got it. It says 2C21-1310 R and the Elnix logo. Any idea what decade this is from or know anything about it.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here you go. The serial number is 5N0568. It says Seiko Stainless steel. 2C21-0350 RO Japan M and it has the Elnix logo. The shop owner told me he thought it was from the Showa era which would make it pre 89. He didn't seem to know though. I looked through the catalogues from 85 and 95 but I couldn't find any watches like it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
Cool look! I'm only seeing the Daini logo, not Elnix. Could just be because I'm viewing from my phone. I'd guess 1985 due to the presence of the logo and the styling, but a more sure way would be to look at the tech guides for the caliber. They often (not always) have a date code on the bottom of one of the pages close to when the caliber was introduced, which might narrow things down further.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
It is definitely from 1985, it appears in the 1986 catalogue so your model from Nov 85 would have been at the start of the production run. This can be seen on page 110 of the 1986 volume 2 catalog.

The model number is SMJY066 and the original retail price was 15,000 yen. This was part of the "Isn't" range.

The strap has been changed but is a very similar style to the one currently on it. The original strap was the same width as the lugs (15mm) and looks like it had a color matching red keeper on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts