The Watch Site banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Authored by Tokunaga

ABOUT SEIKO MILITARY WATCHES:

Thank you very much for having and loving SEIKO watches for a long time.

In SEIKO, the timepieces belonging to the military watches have been produced from ancient times, and those watches were offered apart from commercial watches. Simultaneously there are so many cases when those who belong to the Department of Defense buy a commercial watch individually for personal use.

In case of SEIKO military watches, there were, for example, the "star mark" printed watch in the dial manufactured from 1935, and the "Anchor mark" and the "Cherry blossom flower mark" printed or stamped on the dial or case back which were manufactured in 1940.

Recently, chronograph watches have been used for military use in British Air Force and a lot of diver's watches have been used in the U.S. Navy or the Maritime Self Defense Force of Japan. Although these are not sold in a general market, when those who belong to the Department of Defense part with the watch, they appear in an antique watch market.

In the case of military watches, it is not officially released on the character which model was offered to where.

Also I couldn’t find an official record concerning about the model of Cal.6138-300X. To the last, it is checked that whether it is a military watch clarifies only when marking is performed on the dial or case back as the main marking of the watch.

Sincerely yours.

Ikuo Tokunaga

Ikuo Tokunaga

Picture credit: Seiko

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Re: Tokunaga on: SEIKO military watches

The following are two replies to Mr Tokunaga's original post, which expanded on the subject.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Author: Drew

Tokunaga San, Thank you for providing this info.

As my only prior information on late model dive watches in the Japan military, I found some articles in several Japan watch magazines. These featured good pictures and military use credits for the MSDF-Japan forces to have successfully used Seiko scuba diver 200m M726-5A00. Do you find agreement in your search?

I thank you for sharing time with our questions!

-Drew

--------------------------------------------------------------

Author: Tachy

Old stuff (in 1992) about Seiko Dive Computer M726 and etc.,(scan)

Diver’s watch which played an active part in mine removal of the Persian Gulf. The Maritime Self Defense Force member used Seiko Dive computer M726.

[img]

Also the members of Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit of the Maritime Self Defense Force in Yokosuka were using the Seiko Dive computer M726 and other Seiko diver's watches.

[img]

The Seiko diver's watches were used also in JAMSTEC (Japan Marine Science and Technology Center).

[img]http://www.larrybiggs.net/scwf/images/jp/ne/tokunaga/97/4e/8b/4a/f0f5e5656ffc622354b39c36.jpg

The JAMSTEC members and Tokunaga were explaining the saturation diver’s watches.

These scans were introduced in the watch magazine
[World Wrist Watch (TIME SPEC) No.10 May 1992: WPP]

Tachy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts