The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well howdy everybody. Trying to get my feet wet here at the new spot.

Figured I would show off my latest acquisition, the Skyhawk AT titanium version. Nothing we all haven't seen before, I certainly have because I already own the stainless steel one. Did I need another? No. But I have a hard time passing up a deal....

Been out of the hunt for awhile, trying to curb the 'ol spending. Stopped in the local (by local, I mean 3 blocks from my house) pawn shop where I have scored quite a few pieces, including the other Skyhawk. Saw this one in the case, and realized it was probably underpriced, the sticker said $145. Weird, when right next to it is a Invicta quartz diver, that could probably be had online for $40 or so, priced at $160. So yes, underpriced. Well, ya gotta haggle, so I asked if they would do $100..... dangit, they did. This thing is like new.

These are awesome, IMHO.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Why do I hate this "pawn shop-threads"?
Probably because I do not know any (if they are existing in Luxembourg)! ;D

Hey, congrats! For sure a great deal!

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
822 Posts
Axel66 said:
Why do I hate this "pawn shop-threads"?
Me too -- I never seem to be in the right place at the right time. :'(

Great bargain pickup -- you can never have too many eco-drives 'cos you don't have to keep replacing batteries! (Well, not for years and years.......)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wow! :eek: Great catch! In pristine condition! I am really [glow=red,2,300]GREEN[/glow] with envy! LOL!

·
Registered
845 Posts
I spent about eight years traveling all through the US, ducking into every pawn shop I came across. I never once walked out with a watch I hadn't worn into the shop. My job does not make me travel like that any more.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
I had a Citizen Skyhawk AT, regular SS version, JY0000-53E. Great watch. I let go of it though but it will be replaced by a new JDM Citizen Attesa "Jet Setter" ATV53-3022 with the updated U680 module, due at the beginning of next week:

Enjoy your watch, these are indeed some of Citizen's best. 8)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wow!! How lucky..
Here in town the pawn shops are just crazy, they're priced like at 90% of retail. Some are actually more expensive! Oh and they give you a 3% discount if you ask..
They're mostly part of the Shark franchise..

The only pawn shop that is independent doesn't handle watches/jewelry

Nice watch you got! Enjoy...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great snag at a great price. I'm with about everyone else here. I've never found a good deal
at a pawn shop. I even have a buddy who has a pawn shop and the best I came out with was
a Seiko that was worth about 60 that he sold me for 30. Most places here are in the 90% of
new or higher then new prices. Congrats on getting a deal.
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
13 Posts
Man, you stole it at that price! I have that watch in black SS and it's one of my favorites. A bit of a trick to figure out all of the functions, but fun to play with. Enjoy your new watch!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the replies, yep I definitely got a deal on this one.

nhoJ said:
I wonder what they bought it for?
That's what I wonder.. Because you know they still made money on it, so what do you think they gave for it, $50 or so?? Who knows.

It does surprise me when I hear many of you never find anything at pawn shops... But I do live in a MAJOR metro area in the US, with many shops available. I would almost dare say that most of my collection has come from such shops.

I have considered doing a post/pictorial with all of my pawn shop finds, but on second thought that may irritate some further... lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts