The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys, just got my orange monster, and damn its so nice, and didnt expect this thing to weigh more than the other divers. well ive seen some monsters modded on here but this thing is so nice i dont know if i want to mod it or not. or would it be smarter to buy a second one and mod the second one ?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I used to say that I rarely saw a Monster that looked good after it had been modded. Something about the stock dial and hands just seemed so perfectly matched to the case that nothing looked better. Some of Harold's new dials and hand sets look pretty good though, and the last few years I've seen a few Monster mods that I really liked. I even had to buy one myself. I'd say get a second one - you can't go wrong, and they're easy to sell if you get tired of 'em.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Sounds like you are new to Monsters (or are you new to collecting in general?). IMHO, enjoy the watch for what it is Keep at least one in your collection as it was intended to be. Then find an inexpensive used one and mod that to your heart's content.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I saw these today while on my search for a new watch.
The bezels were beadblasted, Then cases & bezels pvd coated.
Will a skx007 bezel fit on a monster?
They sure look nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is a thread on ‘What kind of Collector Are You’, where are you with that.
I’m of The-Purist category with a BM the way it was shipped from Seiko. The Monster has a following mainly because of its originality, it’s identity/points only a mother could love.

Dan

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I wouldn't touch it, but then again I'm not big into mods and all of that.

For me, there's so much about the Monster that is uniquely Seiko, that it would be a shame to change the look of the watch. I'd take Isthmus' advice and keep your minty one stock, and maybe buy another one used to mod.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I really like monsters, and modding them is something that what makes this watch so good :)

Everybody can just go ahead and make it a personal watch:

:-*

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just Do It! Mod It!

I did, and I just love it!

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
I say buy a spare or already modded monster thru the forums. I just got this back from Jay at Motorcity Watchworks. Before he did the bezel I bought the watch from the forums. The previous owner bought the dial and hands and installed by Bob Thayer.

Heres a mod on a skx007

My first and favorite mod: Planet Monster:

Monsters that I no longer own but enjoyed:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
madcanvis said:
Help a newbie...Can the monster dial and chapter ring on a 7s26 be swapped INTO an skx007 case etc? Thanks.
Monster dial can be swapped INTO a SKX007 case but it needs some serious modding! I've made 6 or 7 of these SKX007 monster mod's:

[IMG]
[IMG]

·
Registered
309 Posts
Does a modded Monster preclude it from being a Monster?

How mod-far can you go before the actual watch is no longer what it once was? ???

Angelis

1 - 14 of 14 Posts