The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all those over priced fish on the ebay, I thought this was worth a punt.
Picked up this poorly listed Seikos for repair for less than a this red curry and beer.

The g757 is full of acid but the 357 just needed a battery and 2 screws in its module.
Am wearing it today and am surprised how much I like it!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Result!

Worth the punt for the 357 alone, they do something for me, dunno why.

It's weird they are so nice on.
Just offloaded 2 h601s. A dress and a Tachymeter and apart from the alarm tone on the h601 I likey the h357 on my wrist a whole lot more.
(Never worn an Arnie yet)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Those are the eBay listings I hunt for. The sellers that sell whatever they can get their hands on. The listing often just say lot of old Seiko watches so it does not get picked up by most search setting that typically most people set by a model number or watch name.
Look like you got a nice lot of watches there.

Michael

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are the eBay listings I hunt for. The sellers that sell whatever they can get their hands on. The listing often just say lot of old Seiko watches so it does not get picked up by most search setting that typically most people set by a model number or watch name.
Look like you got a nice lot of watches there.

Michael

I will be releasing most of them in a similar auction title or here.
I will take the module back plate of the 757 and see if the corrosion is only skin deep but I don't hold my hopes up. Those pesky digi modules know how to perplex me!

·
Registered
931 Posts
No LCD's for me......but...

It's weird they are so nice on.
Just offloaded 2 h601s. A dress and a Tachymeter and apart from the alarm tone on the h601 I likey the h357 on my wrist a whole lot more.
(Never worn an Arnie yet)
The Seiko was offered for $115 OBO , so I picked it up for $90...I liked the ANA/DIGI look ..

The Citizen I got at shopgoodwill.com , but when I got it the mode pushbutton wouldn't work so I put it aside for another day . I just opened it up to have a look and found that the pushbutton was hitting the tab on the movement wrong and tweaked it ...I un-tweaked it and it's running fine .

As CAMROK said, " It's weird they are so nice on."

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts