The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some opinions on what this one is worth. I rarely see them around and I know there a very sought after model.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Nice looking Samurai.

A number of speckles in the photo - probably dust - but some additional photos would help.

FWIW my NOS SBDA003 went for ~$900, before the yen collapse against the dollar.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
No these ones weren't. They did produce 4 (i think) s/s versions that were limited. They are just pretty rare and valued now. Very nice they are too

·
Registered
116 Posts
They are indeed sought-after!

These Titanium Samurais have been JDM watches. There has been an orange dial (PU strap) and the bracelet versions (black: SBDA001; blue).
Prices have gone up immediately after they finished production. The blue one is the most wanted. I've seen prices around 1000 $ (even two years ago).
The movement is nothing special (a 7S25), the Titanium is not hardened (as with some Seiko Brightz watches). I had a problem with the bracelet: one of the nonadjustable (!) pins fell out.

So it's all about the beautiful design and may be the rareness of the JDM Samurai.

You know there's a steel Samurai which was sold worldwide?

Cheers
Michael

P.S. This is the SBDA001 in pristine condition:

I heavily scratched the clasp while tiling the roof of my brothers house. TI can be a scratch magnet... :rolleyes:

hth
Michael

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi-This very stylish and interesting watch was only made for about 5 years by Seiko using the same Seiko 7S26 auto movement and rated at 200M water resistant as the 007 and similar dive watch line. It came in black dial,white dial and blue and orange titanium dial versions and was priced just slightly above the 007 Seiko divers. I personally had owned a 6309 that was getting old so I bought the white dial Samurai and I got to like it very much and then I bought the blue ti version.The blue ti dial Sammy was so light I put the Stainless steel band from the white dial version on it and it worked marvelously.Here is a video review of the Ti orange dial Sammy and since they are about 10 years out of production they are rarely available for sale, and also highly sought at auction sales. I love my 2 Samurai Seiko and will pass them on to my son and daughter for their enjoyment and use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw3i9GSvOqM
Later Amigos.-Eli

·
Registered
100 Posts
These were totally common back in the "Network54 Days"... Interesting to see what goes up in value over time, and I can't say it's not worth it. I always wanted one of them, especially in orange or blue.

·
Registered
657 Posts
They're worthless!!! Fortunately for you, I know a guy who specializes in scrapping titanium. I'll PM you my address and you can ship it to me. No thanks needed, just trying to help out another SCWF member. ;D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the Date Disk for this watch. Does anyone know where I can get one? I have a watch smith who can replace it for me, but just don't have the disk. Any advice would be great!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the Date Disk for this watch. Does anyone know where I can get one? I have a watch smith who can replace it for me, but just don't have the disk. Any advice would be great!

If you Google "Boley Seiko 7S25-00D0" (the case-back model number for the Ti Samurai series), you should get the parts listing at that German Seiko part wholesaler.

http://www.boley.de/en/case-parts/seiko/18290?search=7S25

You won't be able to buy the parts, but it will give you the part numbers, to help you search for them.

That page says the Date Dial is Seiko part 0878270.

So now you can check with watchmakers and folks like [email protected] to see if the part is available.

Have fun! :D

- Thomas

·
Registered
235 Posts
Guys-I luv my blue dial Ti Seiko Samurai-and when I finally had this fine watch on my wrist,the dial as seen through the clear crystal just sparkles from the chrome edges of the hands and five minute markers, just seems to sparkle in a very special way.It is very stunning to see. And it wears well any all bands, leather in summer or Ti bracelet which is featherweight! I will only part with this Sammy when they remove it from my cold dead wrist. Before I found this Blue dial Seiko Watch, l lusted after the Seiko MM.After wearing it for a few weeks, concluded,This Blue Samurai was my Special 'Seiko One' ! This Blue Ti model is truly a unique Seiko, and a 'Grail' worthy of a quest. So if there can only be 'One' for me that One is Blue dial Samurai, thanks Seiko!�� - Eli-

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Not a bad choice, Eli!

Guys-I luv my blue dial Ti Seiko Samurai-and ... This Blue Ti model is truly a unique Seiko, and a 'Grail' worthy of a quest. So if there can only be 'One' for me that One is Blue dial Samurai, thanks Seiko! Eli

Not a bad choice for your "one" Eli, it is a unique and extremely handsome watch!!

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

No argument from me!! ;)

- Thomas

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you Google "Boley Seiko 7S25-00D0" (the case-back model number for the Ti Samurai series), you should get the parts listing at that German Seiko part wholesaler.

http://www.boley.de/en/case-parts/seiko/18290?search=7S25

You won't be able to buy the parts, but it will give you the part numbers, to help you search for them.

That page says the Date Dial is Seiko part 0878270.

So now you can check with watchmakers and folks like [email protected] to see if the part is available.

Have fun! :D

- Thomas
Thanks man.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts