The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if it would be of interest to anyone here to see Seiko Japan recreate the big case 6105-811X in titanium? Maybe a Historic Collection model. Just daydreaming ::) -Ronbo

·
Registered
496 Posts
That would be 8)

Ti case & bracelet with Dia Shield or Stainless steel, drilled lugs, 6R15 or 8L35, sapphire crystal, 300m WR.

I would buy one in a heart beat ;D

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
spring-diver said:
That would be 8)

Ti case & bracelet with Dia Shield or Stainless steel, drilled lugs, 6R15 or 8L35, sapphire crystal, 300m WR.

I would buy one in a heart beat ;D

Cheers
Shannon
Shannon, my man...count me in bro! Count me in....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the idea Tiger! Stay true to the original design but remove the only Achilles heel with a screw down crown. Bravo -Ronbo

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Like the sports diver re-releases which were exact copies with better movements and different dial/caseback printing and lume that works!!

TheTigerUK said:
It would also be nice just to be an exact reproduction 100% faithful in design to the original but with a screw down crown. 8)

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Ronbo710 said:
That's the idea Tiger! Stay true to the original design but remove the only Achilles heel with a screw down crown. Bravo -Ronbo
Why do you say it has this 'Achilles heel'?
Surely the current crown configuration is more than up to the task since so many of these watches have survived 40+ years of service without leaking; even the ones used for diving.
Putting a screw down crown on the 6105 wouldn't be keeping it true to the original.

·
Administrator
30,118 Posts
Pin said:
Why do you say it has this 'Achilles heel'?
Surely the current crown configuration is more than up to the task since so many of these watches have survived 40+ years of service without leaking; even the ones used for diving.
Putting a screw down crown on the 6105 wouldn't be keeping it true to the original.
There are also many of these seen that haven't survived very well, dials ruined, hands ruined, movements ruined and i bet the majority of the bad ones are ones that have dived, but really you can't blame the non screw down crown, i should imagine the biggest fault would have to be lack of servicing or to long between services and again i bet many of us are guilty of that with our watches, the old mentality if it isent broken then don't mend it.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Indeed. What good is a screw down crown if all of your gaskets are decrepit and cracked and useless? I swim with my 6105-8110 regularly but I know when the gaskets were last changed...

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I guess if Omega can manage to sell something as ugly as the re-issue Ploprof, then surely Seiko could sell enough of a 6105 reissue to make it worthwhile.

My feeling is I'd rather see a new model with subtle design cues from the historical models than a complete re-issue. By this I don't mean just slapping the same hands on a differnt dial. Something a little more creative.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Seiko....please....just do it O:)

I am in for a nice 6105 re-issue...but most re-issues I see don't give me a good"vintage" feeling. Most of them are a little to much.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
no brainer, i'm in for 6105 re-issue. C'mon Seiko, we're ready for the pre-orders. :-*
LOL, wouldn't it be nice if Seiko keeps tabs on these forums and actually listens. Ok i'm just daydreaming.

Cheers, love this idea.
Dave.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts