The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked at the Timex offering in a while? I think some of their watches look fantastic and they are priced to compete. I don't have any hands on experience so can't speak to the build quality, but ... what a change from years past.

I like this one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, I sat up and started to pay attention a little while ago. I haven't given them any money yet but it could definitely happen.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Timex is really trying hard and doing a great job bringing back pieces that harken back to their past. Some great looking pieces coming out of their shop lately.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I have a 'few' early electrics/electronics and a few early quartz ones (half dozen on bottom row)......

Latest resurrection, this rather nice true diver (100metres, screw back and screw down crown) from 1987....

And this quirky electronic pseudo diver is rather special......

I have even got a couple of early ladies electrics....

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey John - knew we could count on you to chime in .. you have some real gems. The 1987 diver is a looker. (y)

Reactions: usclassic

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
It's nice to see a legitimate resurgence unlike other non-watch brands of old say like Singer...not the Porsche guys but the sewing machine company. Hopefully Timex are in it for the long haul as they have a good shot of filling that value void that has been opened up since Seiko has embarked on a slightly different path.

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is my only Timex, I did have a NOS Timex Mil 46734 I sold to a moderator at MWR, they are an interesting watch.
timex.jpg

·
Registered
29,043 Posts
And on the more modern side, a Timex solar review from "Watch Review":

1 - 16 of 16 Posts