The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, just bought a Seiko Bell Matic with alarm. Watch winds, bell winds, date clicks forward with a press of the button.

But...With the button at its normal position and the crown pulled out to 2 clicks, the alarm bezel turns along with the hands (as it should to set the alarm, but with the button at normal as I understand it, only the hands should move)

When I pull the button out and have the crown out two clicks, the alarm bezel does the same thing (as it should at this setting)

Is this a common problem? Am I doing something wrong? Any easy fixes?

My model is 17 jewels. It runs fine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
nzwatchdoctor might be right...

... not sure if it is a common problem, but the description fits a couple experiences of mine. Someone else may have ideas for you. And :welcome: to SCWF!

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Welcome to SCWF

Hope you like it here and lots of great people too
and great advice given out.
I am LongBike from Hawaii

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Hey folks, just bought a Seiko Bell Matic with alarm. Watch winds, bell winds, date clicks forward with a press of the button.

But...With the button at its normal position and the crown pulled out to 2 clicks, the alarm bezel turns along with the hands (as it should to set the alarm, but with the button at normal as I understand it, only the hands should move)

When I pull the button out and have the crown out two clicks, the alarm bezel does the same thing (as it should at this setting)

Is this a common problem? Am I doing something wrong? Any easy fixes?

My model is 17 jewels. It runs fine.

Thanks!

See my comment above. The hands, dial and the 2 plates under the dial have to come off. Not a problem for someone who knows them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts