The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was not aware of this model before this one came up on the bay:
A 7015-6010 Time Sonar. Not sure of the date - early 70's I presume.

This model holds the title of 'first chronograph watch ever with a display back'... I think.

I would suggest that this is a pretty rare watch in this condition, but I may be wrong.
Does anyone else have one or any info on this particular model?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Seen a couple on that auction website we all love to hate. A couple of different dial combos too. One has a see-through dial with just a hit of a smoked effect going on. Cool watches and not common like pogues.

T

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Martin - those smoked dials are really cool!
This is a pretty simple Chronograph as it doesn't have any subdials - so it's more similar to the 60's one-button chronos than the 6139 in terms of functionality - but it is a much heavier and thicker watch than either - perhaps that was a fashion thing.

Does anyone know when these were manufactured? Any catalogue shots?

Cheers

Miles

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Great watch,realy nice,and in such good shape:clap:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Great watch! Got the gray and brown models, but not the black...always wanted one!

Bit of trivia...if I recall, these are the first wristwatches with a see-thru case back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cheers Martin - those smoked dials are really cool!
This is a pretty simple Chronograph as it doesn't have any subdials - so it's more similar to the 60's one-button chronos than the 6139 in terms of functionality - but it is a much heavier and thicker watch than either - perhaps that was a fashion thing.

Does anyone know when these were manufactured? Any catalogue shots?

Cheers

Miles
Those smoked dials are for use in bright sunlight (like on a boat) and with 10 minute marks on the sub-dial (sailboat racing) and with a "sonar" name, this is the watch for boating in my book.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
The new software package returns search results on no particular order. So, we keep seeing very old threads bumped new again. This guy's 6 years old. Good old Dave.

Not sure it's a problem for everyone. Several members have stated they don't like to see it. I agree as it's rarely a good thing. Can't blame anyone for doing so but often the last 6 years since a thread was last active makes it irrelevant or even no longer considered accurate due to new information, etc.

Mods - Would you be willing to add "return search results using Most Recent as the default return value "? to your punch list ?
1590721062758.png

1 - 10 of 10 Posts