The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely fell in love with all three colors for a period of time. Took several hundred pictures of the three colors. There's no diver equal to it under 5 Benjamin bills. But ultimately I blame my own matchstick wrist (6.5" depending on the weather). The watch's heft and lug to lug size is just too awesome (large) for my wrist and its brushed lugs (love it), too lovely for daily beating. Ended up getting a SKX007 to wear as a beater.

This is my own assessment (very subjective), don't let it deter you from trying on the Sumo for your own benefits. It's a superb watch. Nothing less.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
What are the real dimensions of the Sumo case? I have 6.5 inch wrists and have pulled off watches as hefty as the Anantas, etc.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Goodbye to three Sumos? Oh, no!

Honestly, sometimes I think the shape of a wrist matters at least as much as the size. I've seen pics of guys with the same size wrist as mine (7"), and a watch that I feel comfortable wearing (a Sea Angler, for instance) looks HUGE on them - lugs overhanging, etc. But my wrist is broad and flat. I thin k if my wrist were narrower and thicker, I'd have the same issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
minidriver said:
What are the real dimensions of the Sumo case? I have 6.5 inch wrists and have pulled off watches as hefty as the Anantas, etc.

This is largely a question of taste. My wrists are 7.5 - down from their usual heft as I've had a slack year for exercise - and I think most watches larger than the 007 look wrong. So don't let my opinion or watcholic's stop you from Sumoing - because we are talking only about what feels right for *us*.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
scuttle said:
This is largely a question of taste. My wrists are 7.5 - down from their usual heft as I've had a slack year for exercise - and I think most watches larger than the 007 look wrong. So don't let my opinion or watcholic's stop you from Sumoing - because we are talking only about what feels right for *us*.

Just curious. I am not in the market for a Sumo (Don't like the fact that they don't come with sapphire crystals given their $500+ price tags) and I am not crazy about dive styled watches in general. But if I had to have a mid priced mechanical dive watch, the Sumo would be it. I like the case design and the high quality finish.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
minidriver said:
According to Yeoman, the case is 44.5mm across and lug to lug is 52mm. My flat side of the wrist also measures 52mm, so there's a slight overhang when looking directly at its pretty face when wearing it. It's a substantial watch on the wrist (comfortable) but I just won't wear it for the daily grind for fear of scratching it (read no wrist time). I'm now settling in with watches that fall on or under the 42mm mark.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
watcholic said:
According to Yeoman, the case is 44.5mm across and lug to lug is 52mm. My flat side of the wrist also measures 52mm, so there's a slight overhang when looking directly at its pretty face when wearing it. It's a substantial watch on the wrist (comfortable) but I just won't wear it for the daily grind for fear of scratching it (read no wrist time). I'm now settling in with watches that fall on or under the 42mm mark.

That is incredible :-[ :-[

You mean to tell me the north-south lug to lug distance in the Sumo is 2mm longer than the Seiko Ananta case?

Wow!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts