The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, folks! This will be my very first post on this new AWESOME home for our beloved SCWF. May I also take this opportunity to thank all of the moderators and people involved in this transition. It was about time and our great forum deserved this true mansion as its new home!

To celebrate the new forum, I would like to share with my WIS friends in here the greatest weekend that I spent this year, so far. It was on the march, 6th weekend. Me and the wife traveled to Rio de Janeiro to celebrate my 34th birthday. We stayed at the Copacabana Palace Hotel, the most traditional hotel in Brazil and one of Rio's true staples.
The hotel is owned by the British investors group ORIENT EXPRESS. Only then I noticed the amazing coincidence with my watch choice, LOL!
To make us company there, of course I had to take with me another brazilian staple, only this time an horologic staple, that is: The Orient Poseidon 300m black dial version.

Enjoy the many pics I present here:

Before the "true celebration" began at night, I was enjoying with the wife our 8th store's balcony view with some goodies....

A nice cuban (Davidoff), some fine champagne, and of course, my horologic companion, The Poseidon...

A view from the 5 star bathroom...

Bathtub...

Bedroom...

Living room...

The pool side...

Balcony view on a sunny day...

All in all, it was a terrific weekend! I can't recommend enough for those that wish come visit Brazil one of these days...get to book a few days on Rio, and if possible, host yourself at the Copa. It will be an experience to remember forever.

I hope you all enjoyed this. Thanks for reading!
I'm very proud to be a part of this new SCWF!
Kind regards to you all,
CHRIS

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Well, Happy Belated birthday my friend! ;D
Thats a fantastic bday celebration i must say. King for a week. hehe.
Poseidon at the palace, such a luxury for a grand moment in your life. Sure looks nice and i'm sure you got pampered and had fun no doubt. ;)
Great pics of such a beautiful place. Wish I was there.
Congrats, great to see you here.
Thanks for the mini virtual vacay. ;)

Dave.

ps, emailed you about other post.

·
Registered
215 Posts
A belated Happy Birthday, Chris - that pool view gives me vertigo just looking at the picture! Enjoyed the pics. Can't believe that palm tree (Pic 5) is almost the height of the hotel (oh, on second glance, it's a street lamp, LOL!)....

I'm sure you trust your watch's waterproof abilities, so I assume you were worried about the chlorine discolouring the bezel, while swimming? (I always feel naked without mine but give it a good wash in cold water afterwards).

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ptolemy said:
happy birthday chris!

i know your wife is a WIS also, what was she wearing?
HEHEHEHEHEH.....by the time of that trip, her watch was still on its way to her. A MICHAEL KORS watch that a certain someone made possible to us. I can tell you that there are not many gentlemen around like this kind soul who did me this big favor , unfortunately. The world would be a better place with more people like this guy, I can tell you that. I have a hint that you are acquainted to this fellow, Dima..... :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts